Formaldehyde sensitivity! Please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grete

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
one lady contacted me about eyelash extensions today. She had them done few weeks ago and got a bad reaction. Now she is ready for her infills and wants me to do them. I advised her to have them removed first, give her eyes a little break and then i will see her. Now she has said, that she has got formaldehyde sensitivity! I have checked the internet today and it seems like all lash adhesives contain formaldehyde, some more, some less. What would you geeks advise me to do? Have you got similar experiences maybe? I thought to buy a new adhesive with minimal formaldehyde in it..or would a sensitive glue do?
Please give me some advise :)
Thank you.
Grete x

all glues (even Novalash) has formaldahyde. either they are made with it or a small minute amount forms when the bottle is opened.
I no longer take sensitive clients because once allergic always allergic, its not worth the hassle to me .... good luck

Formaldehyde is not an ingredient it is a substance that forms in the process of adhesive production so in a way it's inevitable but you could try an adhesive with a low level of formaldehyde which is designed for safe use on sensitive clients.

all glues (even Novalash) has formaldahyde. either they are made with it or a small minute amount forms when the bottle is opened.
I no longer take sensitive clients because once allergic always allergic, its not worth the hassle to me .... good luck

Thank you for your answer. x

Formaldehyde is not an ingredient it is a substance that forms in the process of adhesive production so in a way it's inevitable but you could try an adhesive with a low level of formaldehyde which is designed for safe use on sensitive clients.

Thank you Wowbb!
Do you know which glue would be the best for sensitive clients? Can it be any sensitive glue? The client is lovely and really wants to give it another try. And i keep my fingers crossed for her and for myself as well:D I only have to find a glue now, that would suit her eyes.x

So i have been searching the internet all day today...trying to figure out which glue to buy. I thought to get the Eyelash Emporium Sensitive glue, as it´s a small bottle and price is ok too. I have emailed them to ask about formaldehyde amount in the glue...and the answer i got was...

"That is an illegal ingriedent in EU glues your previous supplier must have been importing their glues from China. All of our glues are EU compliant and therefore do not contain this substance."

Just a bit confused now. But i will order it and see how i get on.x

Lash perfect odour free is perfect

Thank you Wowbb!
Do you know which glue would be the best for sensitive clients? Can it be any sensitive glue? The client is lovely and really wants to give it another try. And i keep my fingers crossed for her and for myself as well:D I only have to find a glue now, that would suit her eyes.x

We have very strict regulations in the EU and i would definitely go for a medically approved adhesive that is designed for sensitive clients. I can easily send you a sample of the one i use if that helps?

With regards to the comment you have been given on the phone, it would be quite interesting to run a test on that adhesive as i know what the outcome would be ;o)

We have very strict regulations in the EU and i would definitely go for a medically approved adhesive that is designed for sensitive clients. I can easily send you a sample of the one i use if that helps?

With regards to the comment you have been given on the phone, it would be quite interesting to run a test on that adhesive as i know what the outcome would be ;o)

That´s exactly what i thought. :) But didn´t want to get in an argument with her.
If you could send me a sample Wowbb, that would be so lovely of you! x

Latest posts

Back