Apply oil before waxing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adore

Reaction score
A fellow therapist told me that you can now apply oil prior to waxing :confused: forgive me but I was told at college last year that you are ment to remove natural oils etc from the skin for the wax to work. I've tried researching it on the www but no luck. I am confused.

Is this oil application for hard and or warm wax?

Why and how does it work?

Any info would be fab, thanks :biggrin:

I think it depends on the wax. I would never use oil under warm wax only under hot wax. And even then it is the smallest amount and not even on eerybody. You would have to judge the skin and conditions ie cold skin, dry skin etc. The best thing to do is ask the company you buy your wax from and if its just plain wholesale stuff i personally wouldnt. Xxx

Sorry but you can absolutely use oil under warm waxes...

Infact Perron Rigot and Berins BOTH are designed to use oil under them (I'm sure other brands would work to but these are the ones I'm most familiar with :))

Oil is ideal as it helps clients with dry skin, which as we all know are those prone to ingrown hairs too... Talc just dries the skin out even more...

Look up both Berins and PR (I think Lycon too but I am not personally familiar with them) and try their waxes :)

Can you use oil with any brand of wax?

A fellow therapist told me that you can now apply oil prior to waxing :confused: forgive me but I was told at college last year that you are ment to remove natural oils etc from the skin for the wax to work. I've tried researching it on the www but no luck. I am confused.

Is this oil application for hard and or warm wax?

Why and how does it work?

Any info would be fab, thanks :biggrin:
Yes you can use oil under both waxes.

Over the years there are loads of threads about the use of oil as opposed to using talc or cornstarch.
Take a look through some of these old threads in the serach box and you should find them helpful.

I attach a link for one of these .

Good Luck Jack

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/168782-waxing-oil.html

Can you use oil with any brand of wax?
Yes..
Most brands sell their own range but some therapists use baby oil, or any masssage oil..
Thanks Jack

Sorry but you can absolutely use oil under warm waxes...

Infact Perron Rigot and Berins BOTH are designed to use oil under them (I'm sure other brands would work to but these are the ones I'm most familiar with :))

Oil is ideal as it helps clients with dry skin, which as we all know are those prone to ingrown hairs too... Talc just dries the skin out even more...

Look up both Berins and PR (I think Lycon too but I am not personally familiar with them) and try their waxes :)

Thank you SO much for helping me make sense of this. I will look up these brands and try it out :biggrin:

So can you use only under clean and easy waxing system tea tree wax? If a client comes in with moisturised leg inparticular mineral oil based stuff it is a nightmare.

Latest posts

Back