Fake Bake 60 min, anyone left it longer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty_sarah

Reaction score
Hey geeks, tried 60 min the other day but washed it with shower gel so didnt really work, tried it again last night left it on for two hours still my as dark as I wanted!
Wondered if anyone has tried to leave it on more than the recommended 3 hours? How was the colour? Hoping to use it on holiday but not happy with the colour!!!

Hi I have used on one of my therapists, and as she was at work we left it on longer than 3 hours probably nearer to 5 and she came out really dark! It lasted well too, almost a week as with the regular Fake Bake spray. So all in all I think its a good product, the longer you leave it the better the colour.

Hi,

Not sure about that exact product but rapid tans normally work along the following lines. For example:-

Aviva Express™ 1 hour rapid tan - 1 hour for a light tan, 2 to 3 hours for a medium tan and 4 hours for a fully developed tan.

Super Express™ City Tans™ 30 minute rapid tan - 30 minutes of a light tan, 60 minutes for a medium tan and 90 minutes for a dark tan. (There is no point in leaving them on longer than 90 minutes as DHA delivery is shut down at this time)

I guess what I'm saying is you would need to leave on longer to get a real idea of what the product can deliver.

Thanx for ur replies geeks much appreciated x

Is there a problem, will it harm, leaving on longer than stated - rapid tans?
Many thanks xx

No you just carry on going darker Hun x

I leave mine on 5 hrs. It's slightly darker than FB original & the fade off is better. Lasts a good 10+ days

Is there a problem, will it harm, leaving on longer than stated - rapid tans?
Many thanks xx

There will be no harm to the skin if a rapid tan is left on the skin for longer durations however there does need to be some sensibility here
A rapid tan solution is generally a high % DHA concentrate ...some are specifically formulated with additional penetrating additives which get the solution into the skin quicker....some w,which tend to be the cheaper brands ,will simply use a high DHA concentrate
If a high solution concentrate is left on the skin for any lengthy period it will of course stain the skin darker however there are two possible dangers here
1) DHA overload resulting in Orange outcome
2) Increased fade off problems...so extra caution and care needs to be taken to moisturize the skin regularly so as to avoid breakdown and fade off problems
HTH

Mostly agree with Collin. Cheap rapid tans are basically very high concentrations of DHA. By the way 14% is the highest concentration that is approved for use on humans in spray tanning by the FDA.

DHA dries the skin, this is one of the reasons for patchy fade off. If you are using a decent solution the only thing that effects how long a tan lasts is how fast your client sheds their dead skin cells.

I would also say if a manufacture has provided instructions, then it is not responsible to advise clients to use the product in a way that is not in line with those instructions. It's not fair on the client as they do not have the benefit of knowing what these instructions are.

If you find the colour is not right for you or your client perhaps try a different product instead. Trying to use a product in way that is outside the manufacturers instructions just doesn't seem right to me.

I would never advise a client to leave it on longer, this was for me! Thanx for the info x

Thank you.

Just checking as a stupid friend of mine against instruction left a rapid tan on much longer.

xx

Latest posts

Back