New business-working from home?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccaarrol

Reaction score
I am thinking of doing beauty treatment from home. Caci, Eye lash brow tint. HD eye brows, Lymphatic massage. Manicure and pedicure. Has anyone else worked from home? Will it work?:smack:

There is a lot of previous threads a out working from home. I work from home have now for 3 years and it work's for me. You get what you put in, I work very hard. Good luck

I've worked from home for the last year and it's great but really hard work! It's not just a case of taking people in and doing treatments. This is how I did it.

I went on a new business course then a book keeping course. Registered my business. Contacted council. Opened business account. Trained in every product I use. Got insurance. Advertised. Went to every event I could to promote myself. Ran special offers. I was about £10,000 to get started. I have now been in business for a year. My capital was paid off a long time ago and in fully booked every week. It's a 24 hours a day job though so you need to be ready to work hard. I am off on holiday this week and i've spent the last 2 days cleaning, painting and papering my beauty room. Any questions hope I can help. Good luck! X

Hi
Thanks for the information. I think doing a business course is good advice.
I will be starting from scratch. So I have to build a clientele.
What are the best treatments to offer?

Have a look at business enterprise. They do free courses here. Really good! They checked through all my books etc to make sure I was doing everything right.
I do manicure, pedicure, gel polish (entity), nail wraps (kooky), crystal pedi, dermalogica facials, waxing and eye treatments. I am busy with everything.

I've worked from home for the last year and it's great but really hard work! It's not just a case of taking people in and doing treatments. This is how I did it.

I went on a new business course then a book keeping course. Registered my business. Contacted council. Opened business account. Trained in every product I use. Got insurance. Advertised. Went to every event I could to promote myself. Ran special offers. I was about £10,000 to get started. I have now been in business for a year. My capital was paid off a long time ago and in fully booked every week. It's a 24 hours a day job though so you need to be ready to work hard. I am off on holiday this week and i've spent the last 2 days cleaning, painting and papering my beauty room. Any questions hope I can help. Good luck! X

Amazing advice Beautygirl1977. I am just starting out (at 32) and this time next year will be qualified and wanting to go mobile. Loved reading how you got started. I cannot wait for the hard work to begin! xx

Thanks salzgirlie! This time 3 years ago I lived in dubai and worked in a oil company (HR) so big change for me! If I can help with anything give me a shout. Good luck! X p.s I'm 35

Me too.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back