Moroccan Oil making blonde hair orange

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedkandeehair

Reaction score
Anyone heard of this? I have a client with hair extensions colour 12 with 18/22 mix top - and some of the blonde is going orange - I think it could be the moroccan oil she has been using on it?

Any good tips for removing product stains?

That's why I stopped using it!!

Oh no... Is this why my ends have an warm tinge to them?! :(xx

Try Moroccanoil light. It's a lighter consistency and a lighter colour, made for blondes x

Try Moroccanoil light. It's a lighter consistency and a lighter colour, made for blondes x

i was going to say the same. the light version is much much nicer on blondes, iv not had any problems with it on my blonde girls x

happened to me but cant be without it, i just use blue shampoo or deep cleanse shampoo

Wow can't believe this! I use mythic oil by literal instead, I don't think it's quite as amazing as Moroccan oil but it doesn't do this and is half the price for a bigger bottle.

Never had a problem with staining but again use the MO light.

Wow can't believe this! I use mythic oil by literal instead, I don't think it's quite as amazing as Moroccan oil but it doesn't do this and is half the price for a bigger bottle.

This makes my hair feel really tacky, I didn't get on with it xx

I much prefer Redken Argan 6 oil. It's light and I don't find it tacky at all.

Personally i've never had a problem with mo oil but i have heard a few people having the same and the light oil has been better it provides the same benifits as the original moroccainoil, but in an even lighter consistency. Which is specially formulated for fine or light coloured hair. :)

Love sync.

Hi Ladies this has happened to me! My blonde extensions have turned orange and all i can think of is that it must have been the moroccan oil!

How do i reverse the colour change????

Thanks xx

Hi All,

I have blonde extensions which have turned orange. I have just read that moroccan oil can cause this! My question is, how do i reverse the effects?! Do i have to dye them back blonde or can i use something to wash it out?

Please help xx

I've merged the two threads.

The Argan Secret range doesn't seem to do this to my dyed blonde Mum when she nicks it from me and her hair has a natural tendency to go orange (she has a lot of red in her natural colour).
Stocked in Sally's (shudder) so should be readily available for most.x

My client tried a deep cleanse, then also tried colouring her hair but as staining was increased by exposure to the sun it seems it wont budge, im removing her extensions, we are going to deep cleanse her hair then refit a new set, the staining seems to be worse on the extension than her own hair as this is obviously more porous.

on the packaging for the light Moroccan oil it clearly states for light and/or fine hair. our salon purchases through Aston & Fincher and they sent a rep over to explain the product, the differences and gave us all fact sheets. I really believe in this product i don't think I could live without it, and all my clients love it too, as long as you have as much information as you can about a product you cant go wrong really :) x

Latest posts

Back