Unusual tanning question.. Please help ASAP!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynn40miller

Reaction score
hi I'm fairly new to spray tanning & have just had a booking for next week from a 20year old. She has asked if I know about the transfers/ stickers (!??) that you can apply before tanning such as the playboy bunny image which u then peel off after tan finished leaving the outline showing. She said a friend had one done on her hip & it looked really cool.
Does anyone know what she means & where to get these from? Do any of you get requests for this type of thing?
Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks Lynn :D

hi I'm fairly new to spray tanning & have just had a booking for next week from a 20year old. She has asked if I know about the transfers/ stickers (!??) that you can apply before tanning such as the playboy bunny image which u then peel off after tan finished leaving the outline showing. She said a friend had one done on her hip & it looked really cool.
Does anyone know what she means & where to get these from? Do any of you get requests for this type of thing?

I'd be interested to know this too!

these are very common in the USA and fairly common here also

Particularly usefull for those haveing a naked tan so as to show the tan colour

In the USA I think they are called tantoonies and come in various shapes...kisses,hearts,cherries etc etc

You can get small stickers from most stationers ..stars hearts etc which will do as good a job and cost a fraction of the price
HTH

I did a quick google search and saw them on eBay. First time I have seen them. Got to try it though!

They are called tantoo's.

TANTOO - TANNING STICKERS - PACK OF 30 STICKERS | eBay

As Colin says though normal stickers will do but remember that only the outline will be seen upon removal so go for things like a butterfly, a heart, a star, a cross, a four leaf clover etc.. don't get anything with gaps or fine detailing as if there isn't enough tanning solution on the little bit of skin in the gaps then the tantoo won't come out right.

I also read that you need to be careful not to apply too much solution over 'normal' stickers if you choose to go down that route as they can soak in the solution becoming wet and then can be hard to remove without creating blurred edges instead of a nice crisp outline or they can fall off losing their stickiness.

Good idea I found them on ebay aswell BUT, how much would you charge for a treatment with these?

It shouldn't take a lot of time to stick it on and the tan will use the same amount of solution so I'd charge them 50p for the sticker and that would give you a little profit on them too as they don't cost that to buy in.

Latest posts

Back