Help, runny spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flawles

Reaction score
help i have done a few tans no and it either is comen or like small squirty spots or it runs really bad and the run mark dont come of really need info asap! x

Sounds to me like you are spraying too close, and your gun isnt set correctly.
Try spraying on some couch roll and adjusting the settings on the nozzle.

I would suggest you go back to your trainer then, you have posted a few times now regarding problems with your application and by the sounds of it it is not getting any better. Read through your older posts, you got some good advice there and we are just going over the same ground again. I hope you get the knack of it soon as it can be a fun job, but I can understand how frustrating it can be if it always goes wrong. I remember you saying before that you had run out of solution before as you were using loads of solution per tan, and it will happen again if you don't get your application rate correct. Not going back to your trainer for a 1-2-1 is just going to cost you in solution and clients. So try to get to see her or him as soon as you can so that you can start enjoying your business.:hug:

Ur guns letting too much solution out remember less is more or ur just wasting ur product a light mist should do it and u can always go over also don't atand too close xx

Im guessing you're new to this...did you get accredited training..if so i would suggest you go back to your trainer for some help.

Also if you are new these problems aren't unusual and just takes usage to get there...I hope at this stage your just practicing on family and friends till you get the hang of it

You should ultimate use around 50ml however at first you will certainly use more.

The gun should be held around 8 inches from the skin and the output nozzle turned right down to an output that suits the speed at which you move across the skin

HTH and good luck

Does the gun spit? If it is you need to strip the needle assembly down and clean it. It may even be damaged or faulty. If you have a run you are using far to much solution and probably holding the gun to close to the skin.

Thanks everyone its not doing it on everytan i do just some but im defo using far to much tan the person who trained me has a diff gun so wont know how to set mine i think this is my problem the gun is not set rite bit sometimes it does come out like small spits little tiny dots very strange x

Thanks everyone its not doing it on everytan i do just some but im defo using far to much tan the person who trained me has a diff gun so wont know how to set mine i think this is my problem the gun is not set rite bit sometimes it does come out like small spits little tiny dots very strange x

What gun do you have? X

Wouldn't you think the logical thing would be to phone LA Tanning and ask them ?
They are really helpful and will advise you on exactly how to change the settings on your gun. They also advise to use 70ml of solution per spray tan, any less and you run the risk of not enough coverage. They have also told me that you really only need one coat of spray which means that is a lot of solution to use on only one coat but as you build your confidence and gain experience you will work out the best way for you. I usually use 40ml to 50 ml per tan when using other solutions but if you still have any LA Tanning solutions left over, measure out your 70ml, keep the correct distance from your client and follow Collins advice on playing with your gun in the shower. I am not sure if he mentioned it in this thread or another but it is VERY good advice and an even better way than the couch roll. I will have a look and if it is in another thread I will pop back and put a link on here for you.

I still believe you need to see your trainer, take your gun to her and let her help you. She ought to know how to set different guns or if not she should be able to find out and help you. ( Most of them work in a very similar way)Trying to find out on here is hard because you cant see how to do it, only follow instructions. I find it difficult to learn without being shown sometimes. But in all honesty you have been struggling for about a month now if I look back on your previous posts and threads, usually it becomes easier after the first ten tans so if you have not done that many yet, be patient it will get easier the main problem seems to be the setting on your gun. so as already said, phone LA Tanning and get an instruction manual or maybe they even have a little video online to take you through the process. Sorry for the very long reply, but I do sympathise with you and have tried all along to be of some help, unfortunately at the end of the day there is only so much I can say. Good luck honey and let us know how it goes once they have shown you how to set your gun. I am sure it will suddenly be lovely

Here is the link
http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/186011-first-tan.html

Last edited:
Wouldn't you think the logical thing would be to phone LA Tanning and ask them ?
They are really helpful and will advise you on exactly how to change the settings on your gun. They also advise to use 70ml of solution per spray tan, any less and you run the risk of not enough coverage. They have also told me that you really only need one coat of spray which means that is a lot of solution to use on only one coat but as you build your confidence and gain experience you will work out the best way for you. I usually use 40ml to 50 ml per tan when using other solutions but if you still have any LA Tanning solutions left over, measure out your 70ml, keep the correct distance from your client and follow Collins advice on playing with your gun in the shower. I am not sure if he mentioned it in this thread or another but it is VERY good advice and an even better way than the couch roll. I will have a look and if it is in another thread I will pop back and put a link on here for you.

I still believe you need to see your trainer, take your gun to her and let her help you. She ought to know how to set different guns or if not she should be able to find out and help you. ( Most of them work in a very similar way)Trying to find out on here is hard because you cant see how to do it, only follow instructions. I find it difficult to learn without being shown sometimes. But in all honesty you have been struggling for about a month now if I look back on your previous posts and threads, usually it becomes easier after the first ten tans so if you have not done that many yet, be patient it will get easier the main problem seems to be the setting on your gun. so as already said, phone LA Tanning and get an instruction manual or maybe they even have a little video online to take you through the process. Sorry for the very long reply, but I do sympathise with you and have tried all along to be of some help, unfortunately at the end of the day there is only so much I can say. Good luck honey and let us know how it goes once they have shown you how to set your gun. I am sure it will suddenly be lovely

Here is the link
http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/186011-first-tan.html

Great advice there all round from tanfastic!!! I totally agree with it!

Also, whatever you do... Don't give up! It does get easier I promise :) xxxx

When someone asks for some advice there is no need to be rude

am I missing something here as reading the various postings all I can see is sound advice from peeps ????

When someone asks for some advice there is no need to be rude

I don't think anyone was trying to be rude, but if you have a look at the OP's previous posts and threads you will find that she seems to be asking the same types of questions every time, gets advice, goes off, comes back a few days later, asks the same thing again in a different way again and again. You can only give the same advice that many times before you have to suggest for them to go back to their training or equipment provider as the advice they are getting on here is obviously not answering their questions to their satisfaction. I have taken a personal interest in this poster and have tried to reply to her previous posts as well as having sent private messages etc trying to give her the best advice I can, but how long do you sugar coat your replies? The real world can be harsh and she was certainly not dealt with in a harsh manner on this site.

I haven't seen anyone here being rude at all. I think it is sound advice to go back to the trainer or where the gun was bought to ask for more help with method and setting the gun.

Latest posts

Back