First tan!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josie..

Reaction score
Okay I passed my spray tan course on Monday and sprayed my first 'guinea pig' yesterday, it went okay and I felt as though I had a full even coverage but I've just been thinking and I had my gun (Maximist xl) at 9-3 instead of 12-6 if that makes sense? I can't believe I didn't turn it or notice during I did think my spray wasn't as wide as with my trainer but she had a better gun, I'm dreading this morning hoping it turns out okay am I going to end up with a stripey first try? I know this sounds stupid but I'm panicking now really need to get over these nerves! Xxx

Okay I passed my spray tan course on Monday and sprayed my first 'guinea pig' yesterday, it went okay and I felt as though I had a full even coverage but I've just been thinking and I had my gun (Maximist xl) at 9-3 instead of 12-6 if that makes sense? I can't believe I didn't turn it or notice during I did think my spray wasn't as wide as with my trainer but she had a better gun, I'm dreading this morning hoping it turns out okay am I going to end up with a stripey first try? I know this sounds stupid but I'm panicking now really need to get over these nerves! Xxx

Dont panic missus :hug:

Its your first tan and the first of many and with usage your confidence level will rise.

Set your system up in your shower room...mix some solution with water and have a good half hr session of spraying and while holding the trigger open turn the output valve up and down and get a feel for how the output volume reacts accordingly.

This little exercises ,whilst might seem silly,will give you lots of confidence in how you control what happens with your gun

Remember ...your the boss and you control the gun

HTH and good luck

oh and congratulations on passing your course :hug:

Thank you so much for your reply! I'm home all day today so will definitely take your advice I did have a go on some couch roll but that's a much better idea to get used to the gun, my friend got back to me this morning and says it looks lovely & she's been asked twice if shes even on holiday so I'm chuffed just goes to show all the worrying was for nothing, I was up half the night lol! Your advice is greatly appreciated and I will be causing havoc in the family bathroom today I think;) xxx

Oh and I only used 60ml which I know is still a tad too much but yayyyy!!

seems all is well for you
It is important to get used to your equipment especially the gun and how "you" controll it so it does what "you" want it to do.
This will give you so much confidence
Good luck

Latest posts

Back