Suntana - Patchy fade off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkeedee

Reaction score
Hi
I am fairly new to tanning and have been trialing a few brands of tan before i settle on just one. So far Suntana has been my fave, smells lovely, natural colour, even coverage and got good feedback from clients.
I was all ready to place a full order for the Suntana range and then yesterday my stepdaughter told me her friend had said it had faded off badly. I just wish she had told me earlier as i did the tan free to trial the solution and all i asked for in return was feedback.
So i asked another client who had suntana how hers had faded off and she also said quite badly especially on her legs!!
So now i'm back to square one. Has anyone else experienced poor fade off with Suntana?

Hi I find that most tans can fade patchy ,mostly down to client pre and post care and if thay r really fair and go really dark ,i use suntana too and love it so far so good :)

Hi I find that most tans can fade patchy ,mostly down to client pre and post care and if thay r really fair and go really dark ,i use suntana too and love it so far so good :)

I would agree....it is essential ,no matter what brand is used that pre and after care regimes are followed in order to prevent these problems.

Maybe the two ladies in question didn't follow these steps properly

Thanks for responding :)
One girl was very pale and i used the 8% on her. She had never had a spray tan before so i made sure i gave her clear aftercare advice. The other has had many spray tans and knows how to look after her skin. She did say that it was better than other tans she had received elsewhere but that her legs looked sort of scaley after a couple of days. I told her she should have used plenty of moisturiser as it sounded like dry skin to me. Would that be correct?
I would really like to use Suntana as my main solution so if any other geeks have success with it i would love to hear from you. Thanks

She did say that it was better than other tans she had received elsewhere but that her legs looked sort of scaley after a couple of days. I told her she should have used plenty of moisturiser as it sounded like dry skin to me. Would that be correct?
I would really like to use Suntana as my main solution so if any other geeks have success with it i would love to hear from you. Thanks

Thats sound advice and will go a long way to reducing her problems...legs at this time of year can get exceptionaly dry...partuclarly as ladies expose there legs more in the sunshine shaving becomes more regular and therefore can cause damage to the skin.

If you are happy with things with this brand why not stick with it for a while and see how you go
HTH

Thats sound advice and will go a long way to reducing her problems...legs at this time of year can get exceptionaly dry...partuclarly as ladies expose there legs more in the sunshine shaving becomes more regular and therefore can cause damage to the skin.

If you are happy with things with this brand why not stick with it for a while and see how you go
HTH
I'm going try it on myself (with the help of a very willing hubby lol) and experience it first hand. I love the smell of Suntana and the tan is so natural so i won't give up on it just yet. Thanks :)

I use Suntana and La tan.... I love Suntana and the fade off but then a salon geek the other day said on here she didn't like it at all... There's a thread about Suntana 14% somewhere.... The only time it's faded badly on myself is when I've used too dark a shade otherwise it's been great x

I'm going try it on myself (with the help of a very willing hubby lol) and experience it first hand. I love the smell of Suntana and the tan is so natural so i won't give up on it just yet. Thanks :)

Good luck :hug:

I use suntana and la tan at the moment. Still looking for a really light natural tan so am going to try tantrick 6% for those who like a light glow and in winter. I find suntana fades better than quite a few others but I do think they all have the potential to fade badly. Throughout the life of the tan I bath quite a lot which is naughty but I find if I never rub myself dry and just pat it fades evenly. If I rub it rubs part of the tan off in the areas I have rubbed.

I use Suntana and La tan.... I love Suntana and the fade off but then a salon geek the other day said on here she didn't like it at all... There's a thread about Suntana 14% somewhere.... The only time it's faded badly on myself is when I've used too dark a shade otherwise it's been great x

That was maybe me jemjem, I struggle with the fade off even with proper aftercare etc.. Just put it down to one of those things though! xx

Latest posts

Back