Hot Wax - can it remove all fine facial hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlekate79

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have used Lycon and now Perron Ringot and want to wax lips and chins as its alot more comfortable.

However - I cant seem to get all the fine downey hairs with it!!

Any tips or tricks?

Hi All,

I have used Lycon and now Perron Ringot and want to wax lips and chins as its alot more comfortable.

However - I cant seem to get all the fine downey hairs with it!!

Any tips or tricks?

Your probably being too gentle when applying. Try using firmer pressure with the spatula against the hair growth and maybe leave a little longer than you were to remove it. With the lycon wax, the purple one shrinks around the hair so make sure its ready to be lifted away.x

You may find as you have that the hot waxes can struggle with the really really fine downy hair... if your having trouble with them even after pressing firmly etc etc you might need to switch to a strip wax... I'd have no problems using a PR wax like crystal ocean (I think that's right... I am terrible with names) or even the Ease from Berins... I'm not familiar with Lycon but I'm sure they must have a very similar strip wax?

Good luck :)

I do lip and chin waxing for some of my girl friends and I find that by using a lot less oil on the skin it has made a difference as that lipid barrier can stop you getting really close and especially at the moment during these hot months when clients skin can be a bit more moist, also as its a small area often the wax is beginning to set up by the time you get on to the skin.

Perron have a few waxes that claim to work better on smaller finer hairs : Eurose and Escential Rose. I use ER diuring the summer months and I find it picks up better. Maybe you might want to cal them and request a sample of one of these and give it a try.

Good luck

Jack

Latest posts

Back