1st client tonight-Spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geekling

Reaction score
Hi all!!

Seriously nervous! Got my 1st client tonight! I keep panicking incase I miss somewhere on her! Or something goes wrong!!

Any tips on ensuring the whole body is covered?

So excited, but it's just so nerve wracking at the same time! Xx

awww good luck stay calm.its easy to miss things or areas if nervous just concentrate on what ur there to do and once you have coverd everywhere just double check your work.you didnt say what the treatment was?x

Oopps! That was silly! It's a spray tan!!

And thankyou! My nerves Manage to cripple me so going to try my best to keep them down! Xx

The best way to ensure you don't miss anywhere is to use a body map and follow exactly the same routine for every tan you do. We split the body into 12 zones, so it's easy to remember. Once you have this in your head you just do the zones in the same order every time.

One further tip is always start a tan with you client facing away from you. This serves two purposes, one it gives your client a little time to be less self conscious and two, if you do make an error when you start the client does not see it, you can sort out the issue, get into a rhythm and your client will not loose confidence in you. It just takes the pressure of you at that initial moment when you first pull the trigger on your spray gun.

Thankyou!
I do the back 1st anyway as that is how I was taught! Might make myself up a body plan like you say where I know what I'm doing and when! Xx

Ooh I got trained to start at the front and I still get nervous when I first pull the trigger (fine when I get going) so I think I will give that a go too. Thanks! X

Starting at the back is THE best way to help you and help your client in exactly the way that Aviva suggest. I apply barrier cream while they are facing me and wrapped up in a robe that I provide, then ask the client to face away from me and remove the robe as I am going to start on the left shoulder area. Nervous clients then feel less self conscious and have time to get used to the treatment before they have to face you. Makes the world of difference to them and to you.

Starting at the back is THE best way to help you and help your client in exactly the way that Aviva suggest. I apply barrier cream while they are facing me and wrapped up in a robe that I provide, then ask the client to face away from me and remove the robe as I am going to start on the left shoulder area. Nervous clients then feel less self conscious and have time to get used to the treatment before they have to face you. Makes the world of difference to them and to you.

This is EXACTLY why I love this site!!
These little tips that make such a difference and seem really obvious once u know but don't ever hear in training, thank you!
Xx

Take a mitt as well :) just incase you need to bend an area in. X

I'm surprised to hear that some training does not include this kind of info. We have detailed section on client protocols. Some of these little things can really change your clients experience for the better. If they're are happy, they tell their friends which makes you happy, so all in all everyone is happy and the best part is it didn't cost you anything:biggrin:

The best way to ensure you don't miss anywhere is to use a body map and follow exactly the same routine for every tan you do. We split the body into 12 zones, so it's easy to remember. Once you have this in your head you just do the zones in the same order every time.

One further tip is always start a tan with you client facing away from you. This serves two purposes, one it gives your client a little time to be less self conscious and two, if you do make an error when you start the client does not see it, you can sort out the issue, get into a rhythm and your client will not loose confidence in you. It just takes the pressure of you at that initial moment when you first pull the trigger on your spray gun.

I completely agree with this. I can see the relief on their faces when you ask them to turn round!
If you're doing it mobile, don't be afraid to ask to go somewhere with good lighting (if you don't have your own) then you can see exactly what you're doing and then double check when your finished.
The last thing you want is to finish, then when your in a different room with different lighting, see a white bit!
What time's your appt? Let us know how you get on xx

Thanx for all the advice guys!! It went great apart from I was so nervous I when she turned up I forgot to bloody apply barrier cream!! :-( so so so annoyed with myself!! At the end of her tan, I had to tell her she may get some patches or orange around her knees elbows & heels and just to exfoliate these areas! I honestly could not be more mad at myself!!

Don't stress! She might've not needed barrier cream anyway. I only ask my clients to apply it if they suffer from dryness. No dryness, no barrier cream!

Congrats on your first tan!

Phew! Thanx for that, she had no dry skin anywhere so hopefully will be ok!! xx

If it makes you feel better, I did my first "proper" spray tan yesterday and I forgot to do the feet! I was also nervous so no wonder I left something out!:lol:
She texted me after I left that her feet are looking very white compared to the rest of the body!
At least I know I'll definately remember that next time and so will you to put the barrier cream on :)

Aw it's nice to know someone else has done something aswell! And yes, I certainly will not forget the cream again, the panic of it all haha xx

Hey Congrats, the barrier cream thing on the knees etc. is a bit of throw back to early tanning solutions, not really required now.

Phew! Thanx guys! :) I text, she said her tans lovely, shes really happy!

Latest posts

Back