Waxing very dry legs - Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petit Basque

Reaction score
Good evening lovely geeks!

I have a client booked in for a full leg wax. She is an eczema sufferer and has extremely dry and flaky skin. She has had waxing before and assures me it's not a problem but I do feel apprehensive as I don't do a huge amount of waxing.

I use salon system cream tea tree roller wax with paper strips but have this horrible image of layers of skin coming off with the paper strips :sad: I've read plenty of threads on here about using oil under wax but don't feel confident about doing this as I've never done it!

I've got a good cartridge wax heater which can take all makes and sizes of roller wax and was wondering if anyone could recommend a suitable and effective roller wax for a redhead with very dry and flaky skin.

Your help would be VERY much appreciated as she also wants to start a course of facials with me and I don't want to fall at the first hurdle by doing a terrible wax job on her!!

Many thanks
PB
x

Honest view? I wouldn't use a roller system on her... I would use a pot and spatula and I would go for a good quality wax with oil under. I have a client with very dry skin (very prone to ingrown hairs) she's had hardly any problems since I started doing her legs as the waxing doesn't dry her skin out and I nag her to use a good basic moisturiser on her legs between sessions.

I also wouldn't use a tea tree wax on anyone with skin problems. When I was training every student had a reaction of some degree to the tea tree waxes but none to the basic honey based or cream waxes...

I have eczema and personally if you went near me with tea tree wax I would scream! Tea tree really aggravates my eczema and its very stingy and painful so I would definitely avoid that. Also make sure to friction your strips on really well so you don't get the problem of all the wax on the strip ending up on clients leg and change strips regularly.

Latest posts

Back