Refectocil stinging eyes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stacie88

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I'm looking for a bit of advice. I've been using refectocil for a while now, and lately I've been doing quite a lot of eyelash tints. However a few clients have had stinging in the eyes, to the point that it is really uncomfortable for a minute or two. They are only having it happen since I switched to refectocil as I used salon systems on them before and they were all fine.

Has this happened to anyone else after switching to the brand? I follow manufacturers instructions with regards to mixing ratio. I'm really careful that I don't get the tint in the eye, and it's started to make me not want to get close to the roots or not leave it on long enough. Am I doing something wrong? Would I be best off ordering the creme developer rather than the liquid? Thanks xx

Are you sure you are removing all the tint before they open? Also it needs a few seconds for the fumes to go before they open the eyes, make sure it's fully removed, I a,ways get my clients to give there eyes a good rub as well after ive cleaned up, as they rub harder than me.

i use refectocil all the time as i find it lasts far better and you get a better depth of colour.

maybe you could try using less developer or as you say try the cream developer..

i think that the eyes can often sting more if the client is tired, so i always have natural tears eye drops handy ... a drop or 2 after you've wiped off the excess tint will flush out the eyes if they have stinging....

Thanks for your replies. It's actually stinging before they open their eyes, but I've never had this happen before other than when I first trained so I don't know what I'm doing different.

I've read that too much peroxide can cause stinging so maybe I'm not judging correctly when mixing the tint, could it be this? It's only happening since I switched brands, but I want to keep with it because I love the results xx

I use Refectocil but with creme peroxide as the final mix seems less runny, and thus less inclined to 'travel'! With this mix I have no problems and in salon I am doing a handful of tints a day.

I a,ways get my clients to give there eyes a good rub as well after ive cleaned up, as they rub harder than me.

Ive always done this too and it amazes.me how hard people actually rub at their eyes! U know how much u can do.if uts ur own eyes tho x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Yes - use cream peroxide, I believe it contains buffers, which makes it kinder than liquid peroxide, which is neat apart from de-ionised water. (If your a science bod please jump in!) It takes slightly longer to develop though. Refectocil is a great tint so give it a go.

Thanks for your help, I've ordered the cream peroxide, I'll see if that helps :) xxx

Hiya, i have just started using the creme peroxide and just wondered do you use the same amount as the liquid peroxide

Latest posts

Back