Eyelash extensions training - my plan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaLaLayla

Reaction score
OK, so after considering all your good advice, I have decided to go ahead and do the training. It is very expensive out here (1,200 quid!) so I have been looking at how to pay for it.

I thought about this: borrow the money from my husband and do the training in July. Then put up a Facebook notice to all my tanning ladies that says this:

"We shall shortly be offering eyelash extensions. As part of our promotion, we are offering 20 full sets of eyelash extensions ABSOLUTELY FREE to the first 20 people who book a full-price spray tan in August. This offer is available on Sun-Tue daytime only".

I rarely get any tanning clients on those days, and the money that they pay for the tans will pay for the lash training.

Is this a good idea, do you think? Will I be truly terrible in the beginning? If so, I can just take the lashes off, I am assuming?

Would really appreciate your advice. Thanks as always :)

Who are you looking to train with as that seems very expensive?

Also I wouldn't offer them completely free, when I first trained I did mine at half price until I felt confident, people snapped up the offer!

Good luck in your new challenge, after a tricky start I now love doing lashes :)

Sent from my GT540 using SalonGeek

I agree with not doing them for free. Half price is a great offer and you are still getting a little bit back. If it takes you, say 2 hours to do a full set, can you afford to do 20 sets for free? That's 40 hours of work for nothing. If you aren't very good, yes you can take them off, but you'll be fine. It might just take you a while to get the hang of it, you won't be flying through a full set in 45 mins to begin with :)

Sorry just read your previous post bed seen you are overseas hence the high training cost

Sent from my GT540 using SalonGeek

Never offer any treatments free. Even if you charge 50% off your planned price, people will pay. They will also take care of it. I am sure you wouldnt find the task so difficult either. The money you charge can cover some of your course and product expense.

Thanks girls. I am doing the training with Lash Perfect, no-one else offers it out here. It is very expensive though, isn't it? I wish I could go back to the UK for the training, but it's not possible at the moment.

I am not exactly doing the lashes for free, as I will say that they can get them free with a full-price tan, which is 40 quid. I never get tanning clients at the beginning of the week, anyway.

Do you really think I'll be OK? I am soooooo scared :sad:

Latest posts

Back