Need your male waxing secrets please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kate1982

Reaction score
Would really like to know if anyone knows the secret to helping guys minimise the spots they get after waxing.
I have recetly started doing male intimate waxing. Did the course with Kim. I am finding some of the guys are getting really bad spots. I user Euro blonde PR wax and prep the skin with the blue gel and us the jasmine oil after. I recommend they exfoliate the area and use a tee tree moisture lotion. And just generally keep the area as clean as possible. It's not just intimate waxing that I am finding this problem with it's also on backs too.
Don't get me wrong it's not every client but I really feel for these guys.
They come in to be hair free and then a week later they are covered in spots. I'm worried I'm going to lose clients.
So any miracle products I can retails or any secrets I'm missing?
Thanks xx

I recommend a three step aftercare regime for all my male waxing clients and it seems to work..
A tea tree based skin wash , to use daily, a japanese style exfoliating cloth ( as they reach the areas of the back rather than mitts) to exfoliate 2/3 times a week and a suitable tea tree moisturiser for daily use.

Some clients can over exfoliate and this is equally not good.
Does your aftercare sheet include all the regular things that they should know? Some guys dont follow aftercare unless you spell it out for them.,

HTH Jack

Thanks Jack. Do you recommend any particular products, such as certain brands. And the wash cloth I've never been a fan unless they have a clean one to use every day. Do you recommend a certain one?

My hubby's the same, I've used Perron rigot and tea tree wax (just cheap stuff from salon services) but he gets these spots, done all the after care, I think some people are just prone to it :(

Yes some people are more prone than others but also I think the more you get waxed the less it happens! Dermalogica overnight clearing gel is fab on the really nasty spot but it's quite pricey to use just for after waxing!

A great wash cloth (which I personally retail to my clients and they love it!) is a bit of rough :) (tell them Tine sent you LOL)
It's great, not girly but not too masculin either that girls won't buy - although I'm thinking of re-packaging some in a more elegant white or something to sit next to the black bags :)

They can be used as a scrunchie and also unfolded so you can reach your whole back with it - handy if you're not me who's double jointed and can actually wash my whole back with ease... freaks the hubby out ;)

Likewise - a GOOD after care regime - I send ALL my chaps out to buy teatree showergels - tell them NO sympathy if they don't use it! And ideally a good teatree moisturiser too :) I give all my chaps a small sachet of teatree moisturiser from outback organics (makers of bush balm lol)

You will always get a couple I think who will come out in spots no matter what you do... but they really can help themselves with good aftercare...

Thanks Jack. Do you recommend any particular products, such as certain brands. And the wash cloth I've never been a fan unless they have a clean one to use every day. Do you recommend a certain one?
Kate,
I retail a range from Outback Organics, but I also tell my clients that they can buy good quality products from Neals Yard, Holland and Barrett etc as some clients can not always afford the cost of buying retail products on top of their waxing costs, so if they ask for high street alternatives Im happy to tell them.

For me its important that they use something to maintain the skin regardless where they buy it from.

Jack

Latest posts

Back