Celebrity bronze tan...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiaheartsyou

Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm new to all this. I'm thinking of starting up a mobile spray tanning business and was going to do sienna x but start up costs are quite expensive...so I was looking around and stumbled across Celebrity Bronze tan which for £395 (inc training) I get pretty much everything I would get from the sienna x which costs around £700...

Should I do it? Would I be able to use different solutions anyway if I didn't like the celebrity bronze?

I have trained with SuDo but don't think the colour is nice.

Any suggestions are welcome

Thank you :)

Hi You get what you pay for.

A HVLP spray gun and tent capable of doing up to 15 to 20 tans a day of a minimum quality that is acceptable is £250 to £300 including VAT and delivery. Does not matter who you buy it from. Training that's worth having is going to be around £100 to £150 including VAT. So realistically your base entry costs to this business are £350 to £450 before you buy any product.

If you have poor equipment, average training and cheap solution your business will never grow, you'll save a couple of hundred quid at the start and never really get into the sunless tanning business.

I would ask the following with whoever you choose.

1. Is the training accredited and by whom?
2. Ask for a syllabus so you know what the training covers.
3. Make sure you know the name and model number of the kit that is being provided.
4. Ask for a full ingredient list re the products you are considering.
5. Ask how many tans per litre you should expect.

Look out for the following:-

EcoCert DHA - this is good and I would avoid products that don't contain it. DHA is the most expensive ingredient in spray tan solutions. Cheap DHA is poor quality and inconsistent.

Alcohol, fragrance and oil (AloeVera) are not good so try to avoid these.

Brown HT - Is used in some bronzers (guide colour) 'tar coal' dye. It should never come into contact with or be inhaled. People with an allergy to aspirin can have spontaneous asthma attacks and Brown HT is know to cause bad skin reactions. It's also know as Chocolate Brown HT, Brown, Caramel, Food Brown 3, C.I. 20285 (In Cosmetics)and E155. It is now banned in United States, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Norway, Switzerland, Japan, Canada, Sweden as it is know carcinogen.

Hope his gives you a few ideas.

Hi hun. Ive used celebrity bronze along with their gun and tent and had no problems. I also did their training and found it very good yoo hth x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back