Top lip waxing - am I qualified?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkeedee

Reaction score
Hi
I am qualified in eye treatments including eyebrow waxing and i was asked today if i could do a clients top lip while i was doing her brows. I said no as i am only trained for brows but as the client pointed out it must be a very similar treatment so i told her i would find out if the procedure is the same and if my qualification covers it?
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Many thanks :D xx

To be honest hun if its only eyetreatments you qualified for i would say i think no. It is similar but really u need a full waxing or facial waxing qualification ti be able to get insurance for this x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

To be honest hun if its only eyetreatments you qualified for i would say i think no. It is similar but really u need a full waxing or facial waxing qualification ti be able to get insurance for this x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek
Thanks, thats what i thought and the reason why i said no to the client. I really don't want to do any sort of bodily waxing but is there such a thing as a facial waxing course? x

Would you be capable of doing it? Yes, I suspect so, a lip wax isn't rocket science, especially if you can wax an eyebrow. However, the problem will be insurance. If something went wrong and you had to make a claim I strongly suspect your insurers would wriggle out of it, claiming that you didn't have the necessary training. For that reason alone, if I were in your position I wouldn't contemplate it.

Would you be capable of doing it? Yes, I suspect so, a lip wax isn't rocket science, especially if you can wax an eyebrow. However, the problem will be insurance. If something went wrong and you had to make a claim I strongly suspect your insurers would wriggle out of it, claiming that you didn't have the necessary training. For that reason alone, if I were in your position I wouldn't contemplate it.
I totally agree, i wouldnt attempt to do any treatments without being covered by my insurance, especially as nowadays everyone wants to sue everyone else for the slightest little thing :(

Latest posts

Back