Skin 'super-serums' and 'special treatments'...any experiences?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BotoxBoy

Reaction score
Hi,

Ok I'm working my way through the minefield of super serum concentrates etc such as argireline, alpha hydroxies and all the other popular stuff.

I've seen the same or similar ingredients in skin care products ranging from £7.99 to over £100!

Does anyone sell these super concentrated special serums?

Any success stories? Any recommended ingredients etc?

And what are the ingredients you look for or what do clients like the best?

Hi,

Ok I'm working my way through the minefield of super serum concentrates etc such as argireline, alpha hydroxies and all the other popular stuff.

I've seen the same or similar ingredients in skin care products ranging from £7.99 to over £100!

Does anyone sell these super concentrated special serums?

Any success stories? Any recommended ingredients etc?

Hi Botox Boy

Well at the ripe old age of 47 I can honestly tell you that I've worked my way through loads of different serums, creams etc... from the ridiculously cheap to the ridiculously expensive. None of them made any signficant difference. In the end, I opted for botox for my poor old crows feet and have never looked back :D

From a scentific point of view, the molecular structure of most "wonder" ingredients cannot penetrate the skin sufficiently to make a significant difference to lines and wrinkles. Only cosmeceuticals can make some sort of change and in my experience, the cost isn't usually worth the result and some of them can be really irritating to the skin.

The only thing I have absolute faith in are peels....Lactic/Glycolic acid which seem to have a genuine smoothing, brightening and rejuventating effect on my skin. I absolutely love them and offer them to my clients.

I cannot think of a single serum or moisturiser that I have had any real belief in.

HTH
PB
x

I'm a botox fan:D
I have had results with serums but only when I've used them with a derma roller!

I read something a while ago about celebrities having bees sting their face because whoever has found that you when you get stung by a bee the skin ... (something happens, obviously smooth and more plumped im assuming like botox?) xxx

Hi, I'm not a skin geek so can't help with the scientific reasoning, however at 41 and obsessed with face creams/serums I thought I'd tell you my opinion. I have tried the very expensive (creme de la mer) to the very cheap (aldi Lacura) and in my opinion there are 2 ingredients that do seem to give results. Frankincense and rose otto. I now use an organic frankincense and rose face cream and have to say that most people don't think I look my age (or act it but that's another story lol). Honestly these two ingredients seem to be beneficial on their own and even more potent when used together. I will keep using the creams and staving off the Botox as long as I can, not because I don't agree with Botox but because I'm always the person things go wrong on so luckily I've found an anti ageing cream which, in my opinion, does actually work.
Very interesting thread by the way.
HTH x

Throwing into the mix... Tibby Olivier Youth Elixir capsules is the only paraben free argireline formula

Check out Antipodes - they have a huge cult following and have independent scientific evidence backing a lot of their products. Hope this helps :)

Latest posts

Back