Can you use an Airbrush tan with an HVLP gun?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaLaLayla

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking at switching to another brand, but the new brand requires an airbrush gun and I am currently using an HVLP gun. I cannot afford to buy a new gun this month, anyway I would like to use the tan for a bit first, just to see if I like it.

So does anybody know if I can use my HVLP with this airbrush tan?

our product works in both systems. It's usually airbrush systems that require a less viscous solution. I would have thought that you can use whatever this product is in an HVLP system, you may need to adjust the flow rate.

However, if your supplier is stating you can't, well I guess you can't. Airbrush systems create a much smaller particulate than HVLP machines so maybe this product requires this to work effectively on the skin.

I cannot see it would do any harm to try it as you can always give the gun a good clean, you just need a willing guinea pig.

Yes I have used a tan for years, in a airbrush compresser, then I changed to hvlp and continued to use the tan it is fine, and a lot quicker:)

tanning liquid / solution can be used in any machine, hvlp, compressor, airbrush. HVLP is fast, airbrush take a little longer we are talking minutes!!! Airbrush is a finer spray some people say it gives better results and you don't use as much solution. Yes airbrush is more expensive!! What brand told you this out of interest x

Hi, I am looking at switching to another brand, but the new brand requires an airbrush gun and I am currently using an HVLP gun. I cannot afford to buy a new gun this month, anyway I would like to use the tan for a bit first, just to see if I like it.

So does anybody know if I can use my HVLP with this airbrush tan?

I would agree with AVIVA on this

If the situation was the other way around then I would add caution to the question

Generally speaking airbrush guns by there design do not operate to well on solutions that are gloppy whereas a HVLP gun is much less susceptible to this issue and generally speaking will operate quiet happy with any solution

Some manufacturers in an attempt to tie therapists to there solution and equipment use this to there advantage however in this case I really dont see you will have a problem

Why not ask for a sample from your new chosen solution p[provider and give it a try...im quiet confident it will work fine through your current HVLP gun

Good luck

Latest posts

Back