Tweezing brows from behind

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarfield

Reaction score
At college we were taught to tweeze whilst standing behind the client's head, but i find this really difficult. I find that i can't get a proper idea of the shape of the brows, and how i'm altering the shape. I'm constantly stepping round to look at them from the front, to check the shape.

Is this normal? I can't help thinking it'd be so much easier to be able to tweeze from the front.

I definitely find tweezing my own brows easier than someone elses, because of this.

Walking round and checking from all angles is the best way to get a precise shape when tweezing - keep it up - your clients will love your perfectionsism!!!

You do what gives YOU the best results
x

I always wax, tweeze and tint from the front, I find it so much easier to see what I'm doing lol

If thats what works for you then do it that way. As long as the client gets the results they want they won't mind where you stand :)

I have always tinted, waxed and plucked eyebrows from behind and find it much harder to do it the other way round! I'm sure it's just what we get used to!!

At college we were taught to tweeze whilst standing behind the client's head, but i find this really difficult. I find that i can't get a proper idea of the shape of the brows, and how i'm altering the shape. I'm constantly stepping round to look at them from the front, to check the shape.

Is this normal? I can't help thinking it'd be so much easier to be able to tweeze from the front.

I definitely find tweezing my own brows easier than someone elses, because of this.
#
I can't tweeze from behind either :D

I do a LOT of eyebrows and my best tip is the angled head (easi view) tweezers from a company called QVS which allow you to tweeze perfectly from the front and the side of a client. That and a good magnifying lamp for the truly perfectionist amongst us!

I love doing eyebrows and wouldn't be without my angled tweezers!

HTH
PB
x

#
I can't tweeze from behind either :D

I do a LOT of eyebrows and my best tip is the angled head (easi view) tweezers from a company called QVS which allow you to tweeze perfectly from the front and the side of a client. That and a good magnifying lamp for the truly perfectionist amongst us!

I love doing eyebrows and wouldn't be without my angled tweezers!

HTH
PB
x

I use QVS angled tweezers too,i love them and always recommend them.
I do a lot of eyebrows too,i love doing them :)

Thanks guys, i'm glad i'm not the only one.

I'm a bit worried i'll get into trouble for tweezing from the front at college though, for being 'unprofessional' or something.

But i'd rather my client didn't end up with wonky brows!

Does anyone know where i can get those angled QVS tweezers mentioned? Can't seem to find them online. Are QVS the only brand that makes them?

I would just keep checking from the front now and again to make sure you are happy with the shape etc.
I was taught to shape standing behind and i now can do it from most angles,you get your own little technique going.
I bought the QVS tweezers from morrisons :)

I would never wax from behind. You need to see straight on what you're doing.

I usually wax from either side of the client and tweeze from behind but always check all angles and continuously brush them to ensure a good shape.

Ive always waxed from behind but stood to the side or front when neede to check, good thread, never learnt any other way. Always interesting to see how other people work and how people such as Kim Lawless do it.

I always do mine from the front too. I find brows can look very different from behind. :D

I wax brows from side to side and pluck from side to side. Much easier!!

Latest posts

Back