Dealing with blood spotting (waxing)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarfield

Reaction score
Ok so there is often a lot of blood spotting during underarm and bikini waxing, and i was just wondering if i'm doing the right thing by just leaving it like it is until the waxing is over and then wiping over it with tea tree afterwax lotion?

Is there anything else i should be doing? Or is it ok just to wipe over the blood spots with the afterwax lotion and then tell them they can get dressed?

And also, if the afterwax lotion is not tea tree based, is that still ok to wipe over blood spotting? Or does it have to be tea tree or some sort of antiseptic?

Generally I would cleanse it as I go along. Whilst its often fairly normal with certain hair types in some areas clients never like to see blood and it can look worse than it is. Often a quick wipe with a cotton pad and its gone.

I use a cotton pad with some sanitiser lotion to cleanse the area and then I follow my usual afterwax regime ( a little jasmine oil, blue, cleansing lotion and afterwax cream) .
I do use tea tree based creams but its not essential you can use whichever type of afterwax cream you prefer.

Jack

If there was a lot of blood spotting, I would simply wipe it with cleansing lotion and at the end I apply soothing gel, so it would all be gone.

Latest posts

Back