Help! Offering makeup at a Ladies Night

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlamGal

Reaction score
Hi,

First time I've been asked to offer makeup on a dedicated stand at a Lingerie Party and am wondering if I should charge full whack €25 or do a special price for the night.

It's a lingerie party as i've said, in the evening. There will be lots of other people offering their services plus a milliner and a burlesque themed photographer who will be trying to take bookings for sessions in her studio rather than taking photos on the night, as its not feasible time-wise or props-wise. My friend is organising it and its kind of 'play it by ear' for the night.

As I've not done it before I'm a bit nervous about having to be speedy, how exactly I should organise myself i.e. should I take peoples names and numbers and text them when I'm ready to do their makeup as I'm sure they're not going to want to wait around queing when there is other stuff to see?

Alot of the girls will most likely have makeup on already so do I offer 'have your makeup done' or just stick to say a 50's/rockabilly style which would be in keeping with the fun of the night and will be quick?

Confused ... :confused:

Is there anyway you can advertise for advance bookings for the event?

Do you have any stand costs to cover, if so this will effect the rate you charge.

TBH most of the women will be arriving to the event with their makeup already done, so might not be looking to have it applied on the night.

However use the event to market your business and gain new clients for special occasions, weddings and proms etc :)

If you have no or very little stand costs to cover I would charge around £15/£20 for mini makeover (20 mins), for anybody wanting their makeup applied and there is que take a small deposit, their name/number and book them into the next availible 20 min slot.

I would recommend giving the client your business card with their time slot on :)

thank you thats great. reaffirmed what i was thinking. i hav just printed a batch of brochures and a leaflet with bridal makeup packages on and hav them all set to hand out.

thought as much about them having makeup on already but wil be offering it anyway to those that do want it done.

Stand is free based on me selling a few tickets for it so its great for me.

thanx again for your advice. Cant wait now :)

Latest posts

Back