Problems with pedicures...what are your thoughts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petit Basque

Reaction score
Good morning lovely geeks :D

I have a sort of love/hate relationship with pedicures. On the one hand, I genuninely enjoy doing them but on the other, I don't feel that I can charge what I think they are worth!

It takes me at least 75 - 90 minutes to do a full deluxe pedicure no matter how fast I work. By the time I've cut and filed nails, done cuticle work, foot filed, exfoliated, applied a foot mask, massaged and painted toe nails, it's usually nearer the 90 minutes mark. I charge £30.00 for this but believe it or not, I've got therapists around me charging a lot less!

I just don't understand why no-one seems to charge more for pedicures. When you think of the amount of products, fiddling around and time consuming nail painting it involves, I think I should be charging at least £35.00 - £40.00 but feet just don't seem to attract the same sort of pricing structure as facials despite being twice as much hard work.

It's getting to the point where I am feeling sorely tempted to take them off my price list but have a feeling that I would be shooting myself in the foot (no pun intended!) if I did as they are a popular treatment, especially this time of year. But at the same time, when someone books in for one a large part of me thinks it's just not worth my time and effort for £30.00!

Does anyone else feel the same as me or has any suggestions?? I also really struggle painting toe nails. If people put their foot in my lap then the foot is too close but if I do nails on the pedi-stool then it is too low. I also have arthritis quite badly in my right hand and my thumb in particular gets very stiff and makes it hard for me to hold a nail polish brush easily.

Oh.........HELP please someone!! :sad:

PB
x

I feel the same my lux pedi is £28 and 75min ,just not sure y people don't think its important to have there feet looked after ,i suppose the weather doesn't halp :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

This may not any use but I do empathise as I feel exactly like you:). A facial for the same amount of time can command almost any price but a pedi is hard work and always seems to be priced at the lower end of the scale. I have often thought of taking mani and pedi off altogether as I get the least profit out of them compared to the other treatments I offer. One rep who used to come to my place said that she went for a pedi for £65 - however she expected a good job. If you look at foot health practitioners they charge £15 for clipping toenails on their own without the other bits. Medical pedi's also command high prices - the only difference is they use blades to remove hard skin and no polish! Go figure....

This may not any use but I do empathise as I feel exactly like you:). A facial for the same amount of time can command almost any price but a pedi is hard work and always seems to be priced at the lower end of the scale. I have often thought of taking mani and pedi off altogether as I get the least profit out of them compared to the other treatments I offer. One rep who used to come to my place said that she went for a pedi for £65 - however she expected a good job. If you look at foot health practitioners they charge £15 for clipping toenails on their own without the other bits. Medical pedi's also command high prices - the only difference is they use blades to remove hard skin and no polish! Go figure....

Hi Essentia, I know, it just doesn't seem to make any sense does it!!!

Oh well, good to know others feel the same!

PB
xx

Why not just offer express pedis, I prob do ten deluxe/luxury a year and do loads and loads of express pedis weekly all year round.

ESP this time of year clients wants no hard skin and pretty toe nAils to bare there feet in flip flops.

I offer an express dry pedi which is 30mins max and most ppl upgrade with shellac can't remember last time I used normal polish.

I do cuticle work then shellac but I use callus remover and leave that on to soak in whilst doing the nails or callus peel or paraffin wax.

Plus also remember most ppl hate there feet and don't like them being touched and it seems from my experience that feet are a 'oh must get my feet sorted ' rather than a luxury treat I'd never pay for a deluxe pedi personally for me it's a case of need to get rid of my hard skin so I get my girls to quickly sort it done dusted smooth feet, not something I look forward to like a massage or luxury facial x

Why not just offer express pedis, I prob do ten deluxe/luxury a year and do loads and loads of express pedis weekly all year round.

ESP this time of year clients wants no hard skin and pretty toe nAils to bare there feet in flip flops.

I offer an express dry pedi which is 30mins max and most ppl upgrade with shellac can't remember last time I used normal polish.

I do cuticle work then shellac but I use callus remover and leave that on to soak in whilst doing the nails or callus peel or paraffin wax.

Plus also remember most ppl hate there feet and don't like them being touched and it seems from my experience that feet are a 'oh must get my feet sorted ' rather than a luxury treat I'd never pay for a deluxe pedi personally for me it's a case of need to get rid of my hard skin so I get my girls to quickly sort it done dusted smooth feet, not something I look forward to like a massage or luxury facial x

Hi, do you mind me asking what you charge for your mini pedi and the additional charge for shellac?

Thanks

Maybe it's cos feet are usually hidden, so people see them as lower priority than the face, which is always on display. But i agree a pedi is so much harder work than a facial is.

I don't mind doing a pedi, but i hate the polishing. It's a nightmare to paint toenails, because the angle is really awkward. I guess the pricing is based more on customer demand, rather than the amount of work involved for the therapist. :sad:

Latest posts

Back