Make your own sticky feet!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LetUsSpray

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I was late in ordering and my sticky feet didn't arrive in time for a very busy nights tanning last night. I didn't want to just not give my clients any so I resorted to making my own.
Jumbo pack of kids craft card, double sided tape, 15 mins and hey presto, 50 pairs of sticky feet for under £3.
I was a bit concerned that they would look unprofessional but every single client mentioned how much better they were than the normal ones as they had no problems pulling them off. Think I'll be sticking with my home made ones from now on. Just thought I'd share. Xxx

I was going to post a picture but I can't work out how on iPad xx

To post pics with the iPad you need to access salon geek through the app and not safari x

Here is a pic x

Attachments

• IMG-20120704-01072.jpg
    IMG-20120704-01072.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 553
I bought loads of sticky feet when I got my kit but the way I was trained was to not use them at all.

I rip two pieces of couch roll off and place them in the tent bottom, then rub a thin layer of barrier cream on the sole of the clients feet, then ask them to stand on the couch roll. They stay on absolutely fine and I actually think they're better than sticky feet as they prevent any spray going under the arches.

I offer proper sticky feet to those who want them, but all but about 3 of my regulars use the couch roll as they're so much easier to take off.

Wow! They're great! I am looking for new sticky feet because the ones I have are too sticky and the clients can't get them off!

I think I'll make my own, now. Thanks for the inspiration!

damn! Wish I had seen this post before I ordered my sticky feet a couple of days ago!

They look great - what a good idea! Does the card not absorb the tan & then transfer to feet though? x

They look great - what a good idea! Does the card not absorb the tan & then transfer to feet though? x

No they don't absorb the tan at all. I'm right pleased with them x

Latest posts

Back