Is this immoral?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaLaLayla

Reaction score
OK, I want to train in lashes, but the only company that does training out here charges the equivalent of 1,200 quid. It's a shame, because I really like their products but I just cannot afford the course fees.

So, I have just found out that there is another trainer out here - a man - and that he is really fantastic at teaching you how to do lashes. And he only charges the equivalent of 350 pounds.

The problem is, I like the products that the previous company does, and want to buy them, but I won't have the log-in details as I won't have done their course. So, I am wondering... would it be truly terrible to ask someone who has done the course to get some stock on my behalf? Or would that be a really bad thing to do, seeing as I won't have done the course myself? It feels a bit immoral, but I am not sure if it is or not.

Would really welcome your views :D

If the guy that will train you does exceptional lashes then his products must also be pretty good, don't wright them off, before I trained I was looking to train with a "named" product but found them too costly, so I trained with a local lady who was fab!
If you do a search for most popular lash products on here you will find that people tend not to stick to one brand, there was a poll conducted I will try to find it x

I don't do lashes but a couple of things spring to mind ....

If you train using X products surely they are going to differ somewhat in technique and composistion to Y products. What would you do for MSDS sheets and checking for contraindications in your consultations?

Also would your insurance cover you if you haven't trained using those products? I know my insurance only provides cover for those treatments/products that I have a certificate in.

So I don't think it's so much an moral question, as professional and practical.

He doesn't really represent a company, I think he just buys his stock from the beauty wholesaler. He is apparently very good, though.

Oh, and Insurance isn't an issue out here.

I just the like the nice products that this company offers, and their poster would look fab on the wall in my tanning room :D

I don't do lashes but a couple of things spring to mind ....

If you train using X products surely they are going to differ somewhat in technique and composistion to Y products. What would you do for MSDS sheets and checking for contraindications in your consultations?

So I don't think it's so much an moral question, as professional and practical.

totally agree!

also, did you check to see if the more expensive course comes with your kit of products? A lot of the time the more expensive courses will come with your kit included and the less expensive won't. It evens the price point out a bit for you.

totally agree!

also, did you check to see if the more expensive course comes with your kit of products? A lot of the time the more expensive courses will come with your kit included and the less expensive won't. It evens the price point out a bit for you.

They both come with a kit, but the expensive course is nearly a thousand pounds more expensive!

Most lash companies will sell you their products if you can prove your certified in applying lashes. This is how I buy products from other companies and not the one I trained with.

Most lash companies will sell you their products if you can prove your certified in applying lashes. This is how I buy products from other companies and not the one I trained with.

Oh, really? That's good to know - thanks :)

This is true, call the company and ask, most lash places will.

However as someone who has spent a lot of money training with big companies I do think it's wrong, and wouldn't give details to buy for someone. When you train with the bigger companies you pay for the brand. I'm trained in lvl lashes and hd brows as well and you can't say you do the treatments without the training.

I know they are expensive however you get what you pay for and when you train with a brand it does pay of as people want it and not something like it.

If it's an accredited course your planning on doing with this guy then I don't see the problem in you still buying direct from the company who's products you want to use, unless of course the company you wish to purchase from only sell to those they train. (ring them direct & check this out)

Something you should think about though... if the company only sell to those who have the log in details as you mentioned, I wouldn't like to risk relying on someone else who does have log in details to purchase on my behalf. what happens if they are on holiday or they want to be awkward one time & you can't get the items for whatever reason? (even your bestest of friends can be awkward you know :D) what happens if you have a Client booked in & you've suddenly run out of glue, I can't see selotape doing the job myself lol

have you definetly done thorough research on this man who trains you? I've read horror story's on here before now, you go to someone's house/training venue, do the course, get a dud certificate, can't get insurance & the trainer falls off the face of the earth!

I'd hate for that to happen to you.

I agree over £1000 is a LOT of money to train, but then good things in life don't come cheap. My lash training was cheap (ish) & it was dire! Its only now i wish I'd paid more & done better.

Sorry I haven't looked at your profile so I'm unsure if you do any other treatments? if you do why not save a % of each treatment you do from now & put the money away safetly until you've reached the amount you need for the expensive course? You'd be surprised how quickly you can save up if your smart about it. or get a little loan from the bank/family, depends on your circumstances I guess.

But whichever you decide - good luck x

^^^ Essay alert ^^^

LOL x

Also I use a product that the supplier will only sell to a trained technician (Bio Sculpture) and I would feel really put in an awkward position if an unqualified friend asked me to buy products on their behalf - I wouldn't do it.
Just worth thinking about. If however the lash company will supply to you on your own merit then that would be great - I would ask them before you commit to training with the man, you might be pleasantly surprised it may all work in your favour without you having to ask your friend.

I guess I feel a bit ripped off, as the course is only 350 pounds in the UK, but 1,200 pounds here. How on earth can they justify that?

Latest posts

Back