Eve Taylor help - severe breakout!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam81

Reaction score
Hi, I'm hoping for some advice from all you Eve Taylor geeks, I've recently trained in facials and am using Eve Taylor in the salon where I work so I thought I'd test out the products for myself so I could genuinely recommend them. My skin type is 'normal' occasionally dry and dull looking. I have been using balancing cleanser & toner & solar shield for around 4 weeks religiously and for the first 2-3 weeks my skin looked great. However now I am absolutely covered in spots, mostly over my t-zone but some on my cheeks too. Obviously what I've chosen doesn't suit me, I never had breakouts like this even as a teenager. I'm thinking of moving over to purifying short term and adding face oil no 3 to get these spots under control, but I'm worried it might be drying? I'm keen to keep using solar shield as I have fair skin but if anyone has any better suggestions I'd be grateful!

Not Sure if you use the ET Facebook group. Its really good and there are lots of posts on there and may be relevant and may help get it sorted out.
Good luck Jack

Do you have the navigator, it tells you everything about each product. I also use eve taylor myself but have combination skin and use balancing cleanser myself so think this may be too strong for you. Matthew taylor on salongeek may be able to help also x

Hi I have combination skin and use Balancing Cleanser, Toner & Moisture Cream. I occasionally swap to the Purifying range when needed. I don't use the Solar Shield as I always seem to break out with any SPF creams on my face so I use Jane Iredale Pure Pressed Base which is a mineral powder with SPF 20 I won't be without it and even use on my hols!!

Maybe you are allergic to one of the ingredients in the products?

It's always difficult without seeing your skin and carrying out a full consultation but I'm sure we can get some balance back into your skin.

Yes, you could use the purifying to try and combat these outbreaks.
If you're worried about over drying then alternate the 2.
Balancing morning and purifying evening.
Or
Balancing one day and purifying the next!
Question.... Is your skin now or before dehydrated???

Thank you everyone for your replies :) Matthew - yes my skin usually tends towards being drier but at the moment it does feel quite oily, I think I'll take up your suggestion of alternating and see if that sorts it. Nothing else has changed (diet/stress levels etc) but I was poorly and on antibiotics a week or so ago so that probably hasn't helped. I'm just going to up my fruit, veg & water too & see if I can get my glow back!

I'm sure it just a little blip which will rectify soon poppet x

Latest posts

Back