Spray tan problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharny

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just done a spray tan on a new client I used Nouvatan 10%, she never told me that she had pigmentation on her throat and I didn't notice it at all.

When she had dried off I noticed little brown dots on her throat but just assumed it was where it may have pooled a bit in the creases and would just disappear as usually does on necks.

Her Mum has just come to collect her and said that the pigmentation on her neck is really dark now, and stands out a mile!!

I said nobody told me that she had this, and the girl said, "well it comes and goes and you couldn't see it earlier" !!

I used a mitt to gently dab the area as her Mum said to try and remove some of it, I did say this wasn't a good idea as it could cause it to go patchy but she was panicking so I did.

As I suspected, it didn't help and only made matters worse as it removed a slight bit of the colour and made it a bit patchy. She then went on to say well we have to go shopping now so hurry up !!! I told her it would be better to just go home and not wander round town as it keeps raining :(

What would you have done in this situation and is there any way to sort it out if it's patchy tomorrow, she has never had a spray tan before and she has had the tan done for her Prom.

She looked really lovely everywhere else x

Anyone ????

Do you think I should offer a refund or a free tan?? even though it wasn't my fault ! :?:

Don't panic, you did all you could today, see how it is tomorrow xx
It's not your fault x

Don't panic, you did all you could today, see how it is tomorrow xx
It's not your fault x

Thank you.

If it was you, would you contact her tonight and say if it turns out patchy she could have a refund? or not ? xx

Definatley not! It would sound as though you had no confidence in your work! Give her a call tomorrow and tell he it's a courtesy call that you give all clients to check if the tan is dark enough etc! And go from there, I'm sure it will be fine xx

Definatley not! It would sound as though you had no confidence in your work! Give her a call tomorrow and tell he it's a courtesy call that you give all clients to check if the tan is dark enough etc! And go from there, I'm sure it will be fine xx

Yes I did think it might sound like I was in the wrong! Thank you :D xx

hiya I have this on my neck shoulder and arms which comes and goes. I also do spraytans and when I get my hubby to spray me I am aware that it isn't his fault it is just my skin. I wouldn't worry about it, If it is like mine she should know that it also goes like this with a normal sun tan x

hiya I have this on my neck shoulder and arms which comes and goes. I also do spraytans and when I get my hubby to spray me I am aware that it isn't his fault it is just my skin. I wouldn't worry about it, If it is like mine she should know that it also goes like this with a normal sun tan x

Thank you x

I actually find it blends mine on the back of my legs so they don't stand out so much... I think people react differently to the tans in fairness :) I have one bit on my face which has faded with age but certain things can bring it out more :) (I am personally sure stress brings it out but that's only my theory!)

Did you complete a consultation card? Your client should have mentioned it at that point

p.s. i once had a problem with a patch on neck which wouldn't take (i suspect it was perfume) & i tried blending with a mitt. I panicked all night & it was perfect the next day - i've never been tempted to blend since! x HTH

Defenitely do not offer a refund and I would go as far as charging for the touch up if required. You told the mother that "messing" with it could make things worse, you told them to stay out of the rain. Be polite and sympathetic if it has turned out patchy but they did not follow aftercare, your advice or even make you aware of a "skin condition" which should all have been covered in the consultation.

I wouldnt panic though as often things turn out fine, and if her neck is patchy who says the pigment wont return and then look too dark for mum again. If they had listened to you none of this would have happened.

I know the girl wants to look great for her prom and I am sure you did your best so don't dwell on it, move on and keep doing your best for every customer. This way you will end up with good customers that appreciate and respect you.

You have had some good advice on here and good luck

What's news on the tan Sharn?xx

Latest posts

Back