Tanning...fuming!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cat.

Reaction score
Is there anyone out there who can make me feel better about (company name removed) customer service as im having issues lol

Ive had a bit of a day of it today.. This is a bit of a rant so i apologise in advance!!
First of all i met with a rep in feb who was awful the first words out of her mouth wer oww im so tired i cant wait to get to home :/ and turned up with no info and a dead battery on her laptop... but i love the products so thought i would go ahead with opening an account anyway as i know the products and equipment well.. When they eventually rang and arranged payment.. The pro booth and products were delivered with no problem.. When my rep and the rep who is taking over from her arrived to go thru training and installing it they had forgotton to bring the training manual, tanning solution and new gloves!!!!!!!!

Anyway, was up and running and going fine until my clients start slipping on the base so i thought i was cleaning it wrong, they also blamed me and then i had a call the next day to say that actually there is a fault with the booth and to attatch flannels to my clients feet for now ..REALLY.??? They said a new bas would be here two weeks ago but im still waiting... Im also still waiting for my manual and gloves which i have now paid for myself instead...

Now today has topped it off.. I dropped the gun for my machine and dislodged the arm so was told i had to send it in right away to be repaired and that this would cost me over £110! I then asked about a spare gun and was told £249+VAT... I was also lectured on missuse of my equipment.. Im so carefull with it and it was an accident! I was at the point of tears this afternoon.. I just dont know what to do or say with them now.

I appciate i dropped it but with all the problems ive had with them why on earth should i now have to pay that sort of money.. I also was told if i got it to them by tommorow i could have it back so it cost me £10 next day delivery to post it and i rang back to say it was in the post and confirm i would have it back on fri and she replied, yh finges crossed.. NOOOO i have clients!! Im so cross :(:( love the prodcuts and my booth but surely this kind of customer service isnt accepttable :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

You have clearly made a serious investment in your set up. If any of my staff behaved as you describe I would fire them without question. Your sunless tanning supplier should view themselves as a partner in your business. They should want to work with you in every area, training, educating, marketing and of course supplying you with your kit, solutions, spares or anything else you need in a timely manner.

What make of extraction booth have they supplied? The gun replacement is very expensive, is it airbrush or HVLP? There are very high quality HVLP guns available for around £120 quid.

Did they provide training or just a manual?

Sorry to hear you are struggling with them,hopefully your gun will be back in time. It is difficult to know what to say in a situation like this as there is always 2 sides to every story but it does sound like you are being treated with very little professional courtesy. Just an idea for the base, rather than tying flannels to the clients feet ( giggle) why not put a nice fluffy towel down for them to stand on, at least they wont be slipping all over the place, You really dont want clients falling and getting injured.

It is a good idea to have a back up system for when equipment needs repairs or servicing, Maybe invest in a little pig or one of the TS machines. Worst scenario, you will be using a stand by system for a few days, best scenario an add on for your salon to do mobile or tan parties. It will pay for itself in no time at all.

Would your insurance not cover you for your damaged gun? After all this has blown over I think you may want to get on to a few other suppliers and see what they can offer, by the sounds of it they could probably not treat you any worse than your current supplier. You say you love their products? Well you can still use their solution and products but maybe see if something else out there is as good or even better with better customer service and start offering an alternative.

Thanks for your replies yu have me feel lots better :) and thankyu for the ideas too :) much appreciated!! I am feeling much calmer today lol so fingers crossed the gun will be back asap.. Thanks again

Hi what a nightmare you are having! I would advise you to put all your Problems and complaints in writing to them. They will have to look into it and respond. It won't help you immediately with your gun but will hopefully help for future and resolve your problems. Good luck

Hi what a nightmare you are having! I would advise you to put all your Problems and complaints in writing to them. They will have to look into it and respond. It won't help you immediately with your gun but will hopefully help for future and resolve your problems. Good luck

Thankyu :)

Latest posts

Back