Spray tanning under arms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyQueen88

Reaction score
I've been doing tanning for a couple of years and have always used the same method, I've had a few clients tell me the tan has been a bit darker under their arms? I'm worried that it's my tanning and not just dry skin. I ask the client to turn to the side, lift arm, then I spray once from the armpit to curve around the breast, then down the side of the body.
Has anyone else ever had this problem? advice welcome xx

Mine always go darker and so do some on my client. I think it's just the skin texture etc

I don't actually tan armpits - i try to just let overspray catch that area. Never had any complaints x

I don't aim to tan the armpits so I find it hard to 'avoid' them. I think I may be my clients putting their arms down and smudging it in? I've got one tomorrow who said her last tan was fab apart from the armpits where she thinks it was more concentrated? (obv not) she's taken pics to show me!
I might tell her to keep her arms well away and see if it makes a difference?

To cover the inside arm i ask client to hold arms out straight towards me , palms up. To spray side of chest area & curve of breast, i just ask them to put their arm up but as I'm spraying side on, it still doesn't spray directly onto arm pit. i'm not sure this is making sense. I also stress that they must not let arm touch side of body / breast until dry.

Are your clients keeping their arms well away from the body when spraying almost like robot arms so no skin is touching from arms to body ?

I get clients to stand sideways put arm up in air and face away then spray lightly in a circular motion then spray rest of side of body than spin them round to do other side.

At end I always buff under arms and I don't have any clients having darker area on armpits.

I've been doing tanning for a couple of years and have always used the same method, I've had a few clients tell me the tan has been a bit darker under their arms? I'm worried that it's my tanning and not just dry skin. I ask the client to turn to the side, lift arm, then I spray once from the armpit to curve around the breast, then down the side of the body.
Has anyone else ever had this problem? advice welcome xx

In order to go some way to helping you with this problem it might well be worthwhile thinking of changing your technique slightly

In essence you are doing fine however simply avoid applying any solution to the armpit itself...this area of the body is concave in shape and therefore will naturally allow over spray to give a light misting coverage to this area.

It is best to avoid actually spraying this area because of this reason and in particular when the client puts there arm down and skin to skin contact is made

Worth a try and seeing how you get on
HTH and good luck

Mine always go darker and so do some on my client. I think it's just the skin texture etc

Generally speaking there is no difference to skin texture to this area and therefore I suspect the reason you are having this problem is simply technique in that to much solution is being applied

Try reducing the amount that you apply to this area and I'm sure you will obtain the right results
HTH and good luck

Are your clients keeping their arms well away from the body when spraying almost like robot arms so no skin is touching from arms to body ?

I get clients to stand sideways put arm up in air and face away then spray lightly in a circular motion then spray rest of side of body than spin them round to do other side.

At end I always buff under arms and I don't have any clients having darker area on armpits.

They might be keeping arms well away during the spray tan application itself however what happens after is anyones guess

Whilst this technique is working for you currently it does seem to be quiet complicated what with buffing under the arms which really,if the technique is right,doesn't need to be done

As an exercises it might be worth trying to apply solution down the arm in stripes..pulling away at the wrists and not applying solution to the armpit
The trouble with your current technique of spraying in circles is causing possibly to much solution being applied as well as to much over spray as you apply which means you are using more solution than you really need to and therefore your cost of application is higher....less profit kind of thing

Might just be worth a try and seeing how you get on

HTH and good luck

Thanks guys, she took some pics for me and she had a little mark on top inside of her arm so I don't think I did spray the armpit ( I think is where it rubbed) but the actual prob was a line running down the top of the bicep muscle area and she said the insides where paler. I explained why this was normal - I was trained to hold the gun further away on the inner arm but the line shouldn't be there, the only thing I can think is overspray? when she was facing toward me, hands by her sides and fingertips facing forward. It's hard to explain in words not being able to show you!
And I charged her £15 (usually £20) and she only had £13.50 on her! Initially she said she'd need £5 change but I didn't have any on me, so she checked her purse and said she only had £13.50 - the cheek!

Latest posts

Back