Lash course booked and paid but having problems...advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlawlessBeauty

Reaction score
A month ago i paid for a starter semi-permanant lash kit, including training from a well known company with a decent reputation. At the same time i booked training for Monday 9th July.

This seemed perfect because i don't work Mondays so it didn't mean having to take a day off. I checked before purchasing when the course would be and was told that it would be with a group and we would train on eachother. This is exactly what i was looking for because i work on my own and find it very difficult to find models for weekday courses.

I received my starter lash kit a few days later and it all looks fantastic.

One week before training i received a text from the trainer saying i was the only one booked on so i could wait for another date or provide a model and pay a reduced rate of £50 for 1-2-1 training instead of the usual £120. :sad:

I said i couldn't get a model, particularly at such short notice and asked when the next course would be...she replied that she wasn't going to be doing it anymore. After a bit of confusion, she said she would ask the company to get the next nearest trainer to contact me.

Today i rang the company and they were very nice and assured me i wouldn't be let down. They also mentioned that i could have the 1-2-1 training which isn't any extra charge...i mentioned that the trainer had said there would be an extra cost and the lady was adament that she shouldn't have said that.

I received an email from the next nearest trainer who is twice as far away, but oh well, i'd still get there and back in a day. She has said her next availability would be on a thursday, 1-2-1 and i need a model. :irked:

Really starting to get irritated now. I don't mind when the course is as i know i'm going to need plenty of time to get up to scratch before bringing it into the salon, my only requirement was no model, lol.

As it is late, i have emailed the company and informed them of the new trainer's email and have mentioned again that i cannot do training that requires a model on a weekday. I said i am happy to travel, i work around their timings, any day within a group or on a weekend i can provide a model.

I think i will have to ring them again tomorrow.
Obviously i cannot simply ask them to refund the money and look elsewhere as i have the kit and it is all part of a package.

Any advice about how to handle this situation please?

It doesn't sound like the most professional set up but my opinion is you should really be training with a model.

I think if you are paying for training, you want to spend your full time watching, practicing and learning NOT lying back having the treatment done.

If you don't have confidence in this company, I would ask for my money back, return the kit (or offer to pay for it separately) and look elsewhere.

Thanks ellie, i agree with what you have said, though for me it is a case of not having anyone that can model for me on a weekday...it just isn't possible. I'm hoping there may be weekend training.

They have quite a good reputation on here which is one reason i went with them, but if something doesn't happen this week i will be following your advice xx

Why don't you advertise for a model on here/gumtree/facebook & see before you write it off?

Sorry to state the obvious but, if you can't find someone who is available during the week to have a free set of lashes applied whilst you train, will you be able to get paying clients?

I know this has sidetracked a bit from your original post but I just wondered x

Just out of interest, which company is it? I'm looking at doing a lash extension course and can see you are in Surrey too. I'm thinking of going with Lash Perfect and doing their course on Tuesday 10th...​

Crunchbunch - good idea

Elliebee - I haven't asked my clients to model for me as it is travelling a distance and then they need to be there for 4 hours before travelling back. I don't feel comfortable asking them to do this...they are my clients not my friends if you know what i mean.

I think asking them to come in for 1-2 hours to have a treatment done is quite different. Especially as a lot of them work from home so they come in during an extended lunch break and work a bit later or they come in on a saturday. Or my other clients are Mum's and come in between the school run.

I am also hoping that this would bring me a new range of clients from those i already have.

Tashy - i'll PM you as i'm not sure if i can say

xx

Hi Love, I have found a model before on FaceBook, on a local "for sale or for free page" It worked out perfectly and now she is a regular paying client of mine and also always willing to be a guinea pig for new treatments. Unfortunatley even when you are offering a quality service free of charge people are still fussy, unavailable or unreliable and want the moon on a stick. I understand exactly how hard it can be to find someone on a week day. Most people have work commitments or childcare issues so I do hope you find someone suitable fairly soon.

I agree that having a model would be a good thing whilst training as you get to learn every minute of the course. I always feel that courses where you practice on each other are more like workshops and the chances are you will only get a part of the treatment done or not being happy with what you end up getting.

A month ago i paid for a starter semi-permanant lash kit, including training from a well known company with a decent reputation. At the same time i booked training for Monday 9th July.

This seemed perfect because i don't work Mondays so it didn't mean having to take a day off. I checked before purchasing when the course would be and was told that it would be with a group and we would train on eachother. This is exactly what i was looking for because i work on my own and find it very difficult to find models for weekday courses.

I received my starter lash kit a few days later and it all looks fantastic.

One week before training i received a text from the trainer saying i was the only one booked on so i could wait for another date or provide a model and pay a reduced rate of £50 for 1-2-1 training instead of the usual £120. :sad:

I said i couldn't get a model, particularly at such short notice and asked when the next course would be...she replied that she wasn't going to be doing it anymore. After a bit of confusion, she said she would ask the company to get the next nearest trainer to contact me.

Today i rang the company and they were very nice and assured me i wouldn't be let down. They also mentioned that i could have the 1-2-1 training which isn't any extra charge...i mentioned that the trainer had said there would be an extra cost and the lady was adament that she shouldn't have said that.

I received an email from the next nearest trainer who is twice as far away, but oh well, i'd still get there and back in a day. She has said her next availability would be on a thursday, 1-2-1 and i need a model. :irked:

Really starting to get irritated now. I don't mind when the course is as i know i'm going to need plenty of time to get up to scratch before bringing it into the salon, my only requirement was no model, lol.

As it is late, i have emailed the company and informed them of the new trainer's email and have mentioned again that i cannot do training that requires a model on a weekday. I said i am happy to travel, i work around their timings, any day within a group or on a weekend i can provide a model.

I think i will have to ring them again tomorrow.
Obviously i cannot simply ask them to refund the money and look elsewhere as i have the kit and it is all part of a package.

Any advice about how to handle this situation please?

It seems there is a bit of confusion here, you bought the kit and booked your training but we do ask for students to bring a model as you need to work on a "live" person during the course. Sometimes the trainer can have models but obviously it is not pheasable to expect this.

The trainer had actually offered you 1-2-1 training and when you rang in we confirmed that we would support this and due to you having to travel a bit further we would absorb any extra cost this would mean so i think that is quite a reasonable offer?

The trainers have appointments and training courses for various treatments and a full day training course cant simply be squeezed in between appointments. Most will try and find a date that suits you but unfortunately they can only offer free slots if you are asking for 1-2-1 training and not the scheduled classes.

I believe you have already been in touch with the relevant trainer and also spoken to us so you would just need to find a model and confirm the date so that you can get started :o))

Beautytrix, i cannot fault you, you have been really helpful...however that is not the information your trainer gave me, but i'll email you privately with details. The trainer told me it would be group training on eachother and a week before the course said that she could no longer do it.

It looks as though things are getting sorted out nicely though with Alison, who has also been very helpful.

I don't mean to cause any trouble, the kit looks amazing and also the marketing material i recieved. Everyone responds very very quickly and i can't fault it at all...something had just gotten a little confused. I purposely didn't mention the company because this wasn't a name and blame post, i was just looking for a little advice xx

Last edited:
I am happy to say that everything has been sorted and i will be training with a new lady called Alison in Kent who sounds absolutely lovely.

I can't wait to have my training and cannot recommend Flirties enough for their customer service. I'm sure the training will be top notch, but i'll let you know when i have completed it.

Britta has been an absolute star, replying so quickly and sorting everything out so efficiently, i cannot thank her enough xx

Away thanks so much for the feedback! Alison is lovely and I hope you get on ok but please let me know if I can help with anything !

Hi Geeks, sorry i haven't replied sooner as i have been extremely busy and then ill, typical lol.

I wanted to let you all know what fantastic Flirties training i had with Alison in Kent. She was very thorough and really lovely. I was quite nervous that it wouldn't be my thing and i just wouldn't pick it up but she made me feel completely at ease and i really enjoyed it.

I'll be completing my final two case studies this week and then receiving my certificate. Couldn't be happier xx

Just out of interest, which company is it? I'm looking at doing a lash extension course and can see you are in Surrey too. I'm thinking of going with Lash Perfect and doing their course on Tuesday 10th...​

I trained with lash perfect and it was fab! :)

Latest posts

Back