Makeup trial 2 hours!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tara1

Reaction score
Just wanted a rant. So i did a makeup trial for a bride who wanted smoky eyes and eyeliner flick and various other requests. Makeup took 2 hours as she kept chopping and changing. IE '' eyeshadow not defined enough,can the flick go straight across no maybe up at the ends ' this went on and on!!! To cap it all she hadn't brought any money with her or a cheque book i don't do cards which is clearly stated on my leaflets!! Anyway i'm now dreading this wedding in Sept as i also have to do two bridesmaids and the mother who also seems to be difficult. Anyone had the same situation. How did you handle it!!!!!

I wouldn't worry too much she will prob cancel last minute as she can do it as good if not better.

I've been there, 2 hour trial and she still changed her mind about stuff on the day! It's frustrating but brides are fussy, they want everything to be perfect and they will change their minds on things at the last minute. You can't do anything about it, you can only try and keep calm and do your best.

Also make sure you've allocated enough time on the day (maybe a bit extra if you think it's going to take more time).

Has she paid for the trial now? I would also request at least 50% of the cost for the day up front to hold the date. And make sure she knows that she is to pay the rest on the day in cash. Make it clear that it has to be cash, no cheques or cards.

We offer hair and make up in our salon for bridal parties etc and trials are paid for on the day and the full balance for the big day has to be cleared at least 2 days beforehand.
Brides have enough to think about and it makes it much easier on the day not to be faffing with whos paying what etc etc.
We let them sort it out amongst themselves after the bride has paid the full balance.

Brides can be very difficult with hair aswell which is only because theyre nervous etc as its their big day.We chat to them and stay calm ourselves.This helps alot
x

Don't take it personally.

Make-up is personal - and brides are difficult to please as they have a vision in their head that is near impossible to meet. I always suggest they do it themselves if I can't get it right for them. Sometimes those bridal images with photoshopped skin can make them want unrealistic makeups.

It happens to all of us and even when they seem happy - or even love it - they sometimes still don't go ahead with it on the wedding day.

My friend does hair and its the same for her. But with 1 fussy bride there is 5 or so lovely happy brides.
x

Please tell me you've taken a deposit?! If not, make sure you get one ASAP in case she does cancel nearer the time or "forgets" her money again.

If she still owes you money i wouldn't confirm any future bookings with her until she pays what she owes from the trial. I would also put this in writing to her.

Don't worry thay r the same with hair. :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back