Pores bleeding whilst having a tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabtans

Reaction score
Hi, During all my yrs tanning Ive never experienced this....17 yr old, shaved 4 hrs prior to tan, not the advice given, but her routine.
Whilst actually spray tanning her, the odd pores on her legs just start to bleed. Its quite a normal occurance during a tan proceedure...the pores on her arms bleed also (not whilst I was tanning her), but this often happens when she applies a self tanning product at home.
So she wasnt surprised and only told me 'it happens all time at home when I tan' whilst I was tanning her!
Has anyone experience similar with a client and no why it happens?
She doesnt shave/wax her arm hair by the way, they are just natural.
Very strange :?:

Ohhhhh that sounds ominous. If it was me I wouldn't tan her again unless she can get her bleeding under control. I would personally ask her to go see a GP, get tests carried out and then bring a Doctors note next time she wants a tan. At least this way you should be covered if any claims are made against you if she ends up having an insane reaction to the tanning solution. I always try to be super careful. People are so quick to screw you over for a few quid.

Sorry I have no advice other than cover yourself as far as insurance goes. I have never come across this before so cant advise.
If she asks why just tell her your insurer insists on it ( as I am sure they would if they knew)

I couldn't agree more here......yes all very strange but please stop tanning this lady immediately

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you must never apply spray tan solution to broken or bleeding skin...there are two issues here

1) the customer could get an infection which could cause her Major problems and therefore you and your reputation are at risk...aside any possible legal issues
2) safety for you and those that use the space after...if she is bleeding she could infect either you or the next person

Simply it is not wise to continue ...please explain to her the reasons why she should not have this treatment whilst bleeding

HTH and sorry again for being the reaper of bad news:hug:

Last edited:
I totally agree with the others, very strange but not good news for you. She really does need to see a doctor.

Latest posts

Back