Nouvatan 20%

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tina67

Reaction score
Any Geeks out there that have used Nouvatan 20%? I tested it on a few clients last week and they all said it wasn't very dark?? And they all left it on for 8 hours or more and all are experienced tanners so had prepped properly. I just wondered if anyone has used it and what the results were like for you?? Thank you :)

Did you shake the bottle upside down before putting it in the cup? That's what I do and they seem to come out PLENTY dark! :)
Also try leaving a tan line somewhere for comparison... if they say it's not dark then ask them to pop round so you can have a look... do you know how much solution you used on each roughly?

Think I might be agreeing with you on this but again so far I've only tested it once!I have a little dancer that comes in for a tan every week and has begged me to get the 20 so I ordered a bottle. I sprayed her last week with it and immediately after her I sprayed a friend with 16%. To everyone's amazement....and amusement as actually it was quite funny....my friend was DARK and the little dancer though still a lovely colour with 20% was just not as dark as the 16. They stood side by side comparing tans and there was just no comparison. My friend does have stunning skin and Nouvatan suits her so much but I'm not sure that I can say that there is that obvious 4% difference between the two percentages. The jury is definitely out!!

To the above post, it wouldn't let me quote your post (sorry) you need to remember that everyone's skin tans differently, my sister used to have a 10% nouvatan & my mum would have a 12%, my sister would always go darker than my mum even with a shade lighter.

My brother had brown bitz dark & his friend had brown bitz medium they were both as dark as each other. no difference really. I always spray everyone the exact same (it's got a bit robotic my routine so never any different)

I've seen Nouvatan go a totally different colour than what I'm used to seeing on one client, I see a pic of her on Facebook & I'd done her tan the day before, I thought ermm that's not nouvatans colour. (still looked lovely but it wasnt like the kind of nouvatan colour id seen previously on clients) It's just how it took to her skin.

Probably no use to you that post lol but thought id write it just to basically say it's all about the clients skin & how they tan to determine how light/dark they are after it's developed x

Ive just tested out the 20% on my friend, she normally has a 16 and begged me to get 20 as she felt 16 wasnt dark enough, she sent me a photo today of the colour and it is DARK! She loves it :)
5e48c0e2-e76e-a251.jpg

Ive just tested out the 20% on my friend, she normally has a 16 and begged me to get 20 as she felt 16 wasnt dark enough, she sent me a photo today of the colour and it is DARK! She loves it :)
5e48c0e2-e76e-a251.jpg

looks lovely, I was trying to work out what your friends top said :confused: obviously I was trying to read it the wrong way round durrrr lol x

I've got it on now! Having a shower after 3 hours so I'll keep u posted! I left underwear on so I can see a difference. Hope there is one!

Here is tan line... Tan was left on the full 8 hours
5e48c0e2-0abf-3ef8.jpg

Thanks for all your replies. I'm really stumped as to why all 4 clients said their tan wasn't dark, after seeing your pictures MariposaKelly it looks plenty dark enough to me. Maybe they had higher expectations, in hindsight I should have got them all to send me a picture. I did give the bottle a good shake as well and went over a second time with a light misting, coverage was good. I use LA Disco for my clients who like to be super dark so I think I'll stick with that. Thanks to you all again xxx

Thanks for all your replies. I'm really stumped as to why all 4 clients said their tan wasn't dark, after seeing your pictures MariposaKelly it looks plenty dark enough to me. Maybe they had higher expectations, in hindsight I should have got them all to send me a picture. I did give the bottle a good shake as well and went over a second time with a light misting, coverage was good. I use LA Disco for my clients who like to be super dark so I think I'll stick with that. Thanks to you all again xxx

Maybe by the time they washed it off the guide colour was super dark, so when they washed that off they thought they didn't look very dark as they were use to the guide colour ??? :-/

I have found that it's only dark if the person already has dark skin. Sprayed it on my sister & friend who both use sunbeds but wanted their legs spraying for a night out. Now they are both already very brown and I say don't need a spray at all, but used the 20 on them and they said they were so dark that it was ok for a night out but not during the day (remember they are tanaholics!)

However, I have a regular lady who I spray with 20 every time and she has said everytime that it's not very dark and when I see photos of her I agree. Probably the equivalent to a 12 or 14 max. I have a sample of LA Tan to try for her as I've heard this goes a nice dark brown rather than a golden brown. Bit of a pain really as I dont really want to buy a second solution.

I had been wondering if the nouvatan 16 would work better on her and in a strange way actually look darker than the 20. Thought maybe the 20 might just be too much for her skin to take. Does anyone think this is a possibility?!

My tan is lovely! I left the 20% on for 3 hours and I would say it's came out like a 8%. I normally have a 10% so next time I'll leave it 4 hours. X

5e48c0e2-e76e-a251.jpg
[/Q
No way was my client this colour....BUT she is quite fair skinned anyway!! This does look good though. x

Maybe by the time they washed it off the guide colour was super dark, so when they washed that off they thought they didn't look very dark as they were use to the guide colour ??? :-/

I think that can sometimes be the case, people often assume the guide colour is the colour they will turn out after full development. I've had many clients over the years say 'I wish it stayed this colour' when I finish spraying them!

I have a client who always has an 8 because she's quite pale but last night I encouraged her to go for a 10 as I knew it would suit her, she nervously agreed and now today she loves it and says it's not that dark and fancies a 12 !!! Whereas on me, I'm medium skin tone, I have a 10 and it's very dark!!!! X

Slightly off the subject .. Its so nice to see genuine customers talking to each other and offering such sound advice and talking sense without someone from the company having to answer these posts. carry on girls :D

I too want to share in the love of Nouvatan!! Sampled quite a few different solutions but this one was my favourite to use, favourite to wear & every single model I sprayed loved it! I did my first order Tuesday, 12%, 14% & 20%. Came yesterday, super quick service!! Just have to say I love the 20% being med to fair skin I left it on for 4 hours & the colour I got was amazing!! I'm addicted!!

I too am addicted to the 20%! I leave mine 3 hours. I got it in Sunday and it's still looking great! Need to get another bottle because all my clients want one now! Lol!

Excuse my ignorance ladies but why only leave on for 2-4 hours????

Are you using darker colours like a rapid tan, if not then why not just use a lighter colour........

Having said that I recently started to use Nouvatan 20% on my dancers and the result is good, no ugly hands and feet, knees etc and it dries quick which is a bonus with darker colours.......but it's very similar to OMG 20%.

Excuse my ignorance ladies but why only leave on for 2-4 hours????

Are you using darker colours like a rapid tan, if not then why not just use a lighter colour........

Having said that I recently started to use Nouvatan 20% on my dancers and the result is good, no ugly hands and feet, knees etc and it dries quick which is a bonus with darker colours.......but it's very similar to OMG 20%.

I think they are leaving it on for a shorter time because they can! I was going to buy some for the same purpose as sometimes I have friends who want a tan on a Saturday for that night and it will be a 12% hopefully if they leave it on for 4 hours.

Latest posts

Back