Allergic reaction to glue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shellosh

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, I'm hoping someone can help me. I have a client that has been coming to me for about 3 months. She had previously had her lashes done by another therapist, but has now come to me.

The problem is, she seems to be allergic to the products that I use. She is the only client that has had a reaction. I have patch tested her and none of the products have reacted on her wrist or behind her ear, but her eyes have become more and more puffy after every in-fill (I wasn't aware of any of this until Tuesday night I might add).

Anyway, I asked my client to contact her previous therapist to find out what products she used and all her products are from Lash Perfect and I am not Lash Perfect trained.

She tells me she really wants to stay with me and will even pay for all the Lash Perfect products that I buy, but am I right in saying if i'm not trained with LP then I can't buy their products?

Any advice on what I should do would really be appreciated.

Shellosh :)

I'm sorry and I don't mean to be funny but adhesives should never touch the skin so patch testing on wrist and behind ear simply defeats the object.

If she is sensitive use an odour and fume free adhesive as they are developed For those clients.

I'm sorry and I don't mean to be funny but adhesives should never touch the skin so patch testing on wrist and behind ear simply defeats the object.

If she is sensitive use an odour and fume free adhesive as they are developed For those clients.

was going to say the same thing x

I agree about not patch testing on the skin, lash adhesive is not designed to be applied to the skin. The best way to patch test is to apply a few lashes onto the natural lashes.

I don't think you have to be trained with lash perfect to buy their products though, but i could be wrong. I would just call them and ask.
I have to say though that most people who react to an adhesive will react to most of them and lots of people can build up to a reaction at anytime.
I would suggest giving her a break and then testing her with a few lashes on her eyes. Maybe trying a sensitive adhesive would help too.
Could it be your gel pads she is reacting to though? This is also very common xxx

I get this when my clients get a build up of glue. Then they react to it so I just use my non fumey glue for sensitive eyes and they're fine.

Latest posts

Back