Is it worth selling Sienna X retail products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlawlessBeauty

Reaction score
Do any of you Sienna X geeks retail their products?

I was considering getting a few retail products in to see how well they were received but after having a look, there's hardly any mark up at all. Am i wrong and do they actually sell quite well?

Hi there,

We get a decent Mark up by going direct to Sienna x, where did you get your prices from? We retail and some of it is worth while, and some not. I find the express mists, gradual tans, and instant tans do well! The body washes, exfoliators etc.....don't bother.....but that might just be us hun and our clients.

Hope that helps? Xx :D

I got quite a bit in which was a big mistake as not much of it sold. The tanning mist is great (use it on myself when I can't be bothered to spray tan myself) and the glitter spray, surprisingly sold the most of and use that on myself as well x

Thanks Holistic, I was getting the price from the trade section on the Sienna website, but maybe they are different in the catalogue as it only seemed to be about £2 between trade and retail.

Amy, i was worried about the same thing.

Maybe i'll get in one or two of the pieces you say have sold pretty well and see if they are popular xx

If you're in the sunless tanning business you should definitely have a retail pre and post tan skin care range. You will have better client retention, make more margin per treatment and because your clients look great as they have all the proper tools to prepare for their tan and then look after it once they've had it, word of mouth will bring you more new clients.

We have masses of research on this and it really makes a the difference in terms of growing your business.

Industry standard on mark up is around 50%.

Pre tan is all about exfoliation.

Post tan is all about moisturising and tan extenders. ie Moisturisers with DHA. We've just added a new DHA infused daily use shower gel to our range.

Not all clients will want the full range but many do.

I went through the dilemma a while back - do I stock the pre & post tanning products & extras or not?

I decided to ask my clients with a questionnaire, I wrote up a few tick box questions and the results were quite interesting.

Basically I asked them if they wanted me to have the products they would need & should use to prepare and look after their tan and would they pay this price (I listed 3 prices, the RRP, 1 above the RRP, and 1 below RRP).

Most of my clients did not want to buy these products from me, the few who showed interest would not be willing to pay any of the prices I had listed in the options.

When I asked my clients who did not want to buy from me why this was they told me that they already had the products required through gifts (Christmas, birthdays etc..) or they had bought them knowing they would need them to get the best results from their spray tan and those who were interested in buying from me said they were not happy to pay so much more than they could get similar products from a convenient shop a lot cheaper than the prices quoted on my questionnaire.

So if you are wondering if you should buy these products in then my advice is to ask your clients if they would buy these products. After all different clients want different things and although my clients said they did not want any products from me, there are other geeks who do manage to sell some products to their clients.

Sienna Did one of the best exfoliant scrubs i have ever used with thai lemon grass it was lush ! not sure if they still do it but i would buy it even though it was expensive.
we looked at doing exfoliants but to be honest exfoliation is an action. its basically a good scrub:D and most people just use the gloves and normal shower gells.

I had the range included when I bought my Sienna x spray tanning kit and not much sold at all, I gave everybody the tester sachets to entice them but the only one i sold was the gradual tanning lotion and some of the tanning mist, people have there own favourites for exfoliating and moisturising xx

Thankyou all.

Baggybear, that's a fantastic idea.

I will probably refrain from selling or just bring in a small amount as i don't have room for much stock and i also find that i don't sell a huge amount of retail xx

Latest posts

Back