How many spray tans do you get out of 1 litre bottle?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helena

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

I was thinking on average how many spray tans do you get out of 1 liter bottle?

I probably average in between 13-15

Many thanks for any help.

Helena

How many tans you get per litre will depend on many things.

How quickly you move when spraying & how well your gun is set for the solution you are using for example.

If your using approx 45/50ml per tan then you should be able to get 20-22 per litre.

Hi Everybody,

I was thinking on average how many spray tans do you get out of 1 liter bottle?

I probably average in between 13-15

Many thanks for any help.

Helena

Average for most people is 20-25 tans per litre, so if you are only getting 13-15 then you are probably using too much per tan and wasting solution. Which brand do you use? There can be a slight difference between solutions. Main difference is probably due to the machine, gun settings and technique.
I normally get 25-30 from my solutions but I have been tanning for quite a few years now. I get even more from liquid sun as it has new technology making it penetrate the skin more easily, so less solution is required.

Which machine are you using and we can help out if it is technique or gun settings x

You raise a very important point.

Clearly the size of your client is going to make a difference, but the solution you use is main driver re solution consumption.

Generally speaking you need more solution the cheaper it is, which can end up actually making it more expensive.

With our solutions you should be using around 35ml to 40ml per tan depending on the size of the client. So that's 25 to 28 tans per litre. At 13 to 15 per litre that's around 76ml per tan, which is a lot of product. Your clients must take a while to dry and it's costing double the money.

I would definitely talk to your supplier re your gun setting and technique. On saying that there are many manufacturers that state you will only get 12 or 15 tans per litre from their solutions which is fair enough. You just need to find out if you should be expecting more.

Top tip you should always divide the cost of a litre by the number of tans per litre to work out whether your solution is good value, it price per tan that really matters not price per litre:idea:

I get about 23 out of a bottle

I trained with Sienna X and they say you should get 12-14 from 1litre. I don't do tans regularly though so I'm not sure how many I get. Plus if I leave the leftover in the spray cup it goes green so I have to tip it back into the bottle which I don't always get round to doing!

Hello
I use fresh indulgence and I get approx 25 tans from 1 litre bottle
Hth xx

The amount of spray tan applications you can get out of a litre of solution is very much dependent on many factors

1) the quality of DHA used...each brand will suggest a target number of applications based ion the quality of DHA used in there own formulation
2) application method is of course the biggest factor and many factors come into play here.
a) The distance the gun is held from the skin...I.E. the amount of over spray produced which is wasted solution...the best distance is approximately 8" from the skin
b) the rate at which you pass over the body
c) the stroke technique used to effect coverage...downward stripes will tend to use far less solution and reduce over spray
d) the setting of the output volume gage being correct relevant to the speed at which you pass over the body
e) well basically experience and confidence in the application and trust in the solution you are using....a newbie will use anywhere between 100-200ml whereas an experienced operator will use around 40-50ml
f) the size of the individual being sprayed :o

Like with most beauty treatments the cost of application to a therapist should be no more than about 10% so in reality,if you can get the above techniques correct the amount you pay for solutions isn't really a major factor.
Of course better solutions means les used so effectively can work out cheaper than the cheaper brands ...bit like the old fairy liquid add...."miles and miles longer"

HTH

Plus if I leave the leftover in the spray cup it goes green so I have to tip it back into the bottle which I don't always get round to doing!

it is always better to return any unused solution from your cup immediately back into the bottle and securely tighten the lid.

What you are doing is effectively pouring contaminated solution from your cup back into the bottle with good solution

Each and every time you do this the solution in the bottle becomes more and more contaminated which is why its going green.

Personally I don't return my unused solution back to the bottles, I keep the remaining solution in the cups but I seal the cups with their lids, but I do not leave the cup on the gun with solution in it. So long as the lids are on tight and they are kept in the same conditions as the litre bottles (cool & dark) then the solution will stay just as fresh as it would in the litre bottle.

Personally I don't return my unused solution back to the bottles, I keep the remaining solution in the cups but I seal the cups with their lids, but I do not leave the cup on the gun with solution in it. So long as the lids are on tight and they are kept in the same conditions as the litre bottles (cool & dark) then the solution will stay just as fresh as it would in the litre bottle.

If you do have spare cups with airtight lids then this is the perfect solution ...certainly removes any chances of cross contamination for sure

it is always better to return any unused solution from your cup immediately back into the bottle and securely tighten the lid.

What you are doing is effectively pouring contaminated solution from your cup back into the bottle with good solution

Each and every time you do this the solution in the bottle becomes more and more contaminated which is why its going green.

That's what I mean, I tip it back into the bottle immediately otherwise it goes green if left :)

I personally feel that when ever I return the solution back into the bottle I lose some. I think that keeping it in a extra cup with a lid on is the perfect solution for me. Many thanks.

Helena

Latest posts

Back