14yr old for a lip wax, OK?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa S

Reaction score
Hi guys, got a request from a 14yr old girl for a lip wax, she asked if she should bring her mum to sign something etc? Should I check my insurance or do you think I would be ok, the youngest I have waxed is 16. Thanks for any advice. x

I'd check with your insurers. Then you will a) know whether you can proceed b) whether you need a parent to give consent and c) that you will need to have someone present whilst performing the wax.

Thanks, have said I want parental consent and parent present when under 16yrs. Will check with Insurance just to double check that ok. In all this time in business have never had anyone under 16yrs apart from painting little girls nails! Thanks for replying x

Check with insurers

Have mum sign to say she gives you permission

Have mum in the room when you do it.

I would never touch someones facial hair so young not with wax anyway.You could be setting her up for a strong full moustache in her 20s you can never tell which way wax will go, sometimes it can weaken facial hair but on others it can make it worse .
Quite often facial hair in children/ teens diminishes when their hormones settle and if not then the best option really is laser.There are many years ahead to expect them to wax and rewax and once they start it does make more permanent solutions less effective.

I would never touch someones facial hair so young not with wax anyway.You could be setting her up for a strong full moustache in her 20s you can never tell which way wax will go, sometimes it can weaken facial hair but on others it can make it worse .
Quite often facial hair in children/ teens diminishes when their hormones settle and if not then the best option really is laser.There are many years ahead to expect them to wax and rewax and once they start it does make more permanent solutions less effective.
I totally get where you're coming from Gillian. I just know how awful it is to be hairy at that age and that could have more of a lasting effect. I'm getting ya though. x

I will explain all this to the girl and her mother, they can then make the decision if they still want to go ahead, thanks for replies x

I totally get where you're coming from Gillian. I just know how awful it is to be hairy at that age and that could have more of a lasting effect. I'm getting ya though. x

It is difficult but i think if its just downy quite often bleaching disguises it and if its very obvious the light lasers now are very good and have come down hugely in cost.
I tend to lose most of my waxing teens eventually anyway ,once they get properly boy active.
Their mums bring them to me about 13 so they will never have to shave, i always know once they get to 15 ,16 the majority will start to shave legs and underarms because they dont want any hair ever.
They then come back again in their mid twenties.

I would offer her threading if u offer it! But I would also offer bleaching first!

Hair on the lip that is bleached is still hair on the lip, the colour makes little difference ... you just have to get rid of it.

My opinion and everyone welcome to disagree :cool:

I'm really dark and 'hairy' lol and I got mine done young as boys in my class made a joke onces. I Tryed bleaching and it didn't really do anything. Just wax it.

14 years olds are a lot older than we think. And if it's something a they can be paranoid over, and will end up just shaving it off it no one will wax it so I think you should just wax it.

Latest posts

Back