Lash extension case studies - to charge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tashytootoo

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I'm doing my Lash Extension course on Monday and have been told I'll need to do between 6 and 10 case studies before I get my qualification. Just wondering if any of you did similar courses, and whether you charged (obv at a discounted rate!!) those you did your case studies on? And if so, what did you charge them?

Thanks in advance - and I can't wait to get trained!!! :D x

Hi, i trained with Flirties and had to do 5 case studies. I didnt charge anyone for them but 2 of them are now regular lash clients and the others are now nail clients :). Good luck with the training x

I am halfway through my case studies now and advertised on my website that I needed models but would be charging a low price to cover some of the costs. I'll try and PM you my exact wording x

Most insurers will tell u tht u only charge the product cost as u r training like when u r in college!

You have to be careful as you are not certified the insurance wont cover you for any treatments you are charging, so i would use this opportunity to practice on friends and family free of charge or if you need to cover the cost of the product charge them the minimal amount it costs you.

After all you its your training experience and only for a short while, plus you can gain loyal customers that way!

Hi Geeks,

I'm doing my Lash Extension course on Monday and have been told I'll need to do between 6 and 10 case studies before I get my qualification. Just wondering if any of you did similar courses, and whether you charged (obv at a discounted rate!!) those you did your case studies on? And if so, what did you charge them?

Thanks in advance - and I can't wait to get trained!!! :D x

I done 5 but i didn't charge for the simple fact of i was not insured and your near some1s eye. also I got them to fill a form so they knew i was training and if anything went wrong they could not hold me responsible.

When I trained I had to do 5 sets and did them on friends and family at no charge. Although I have my regulars now, all my case studies said they loved them, but only one person has continued to have them, and she was the model for the training, so probably got the worst set of lashes, as it was my very first ever go! Lol

Its always a difficult time after completing training and moving on to the next phase as you just want to get stuck in and get your new venture up and running.

Whilst good its always best to just go with the flow...this next phase is still part of your training and you are not qualified to undertake "paid" treatments on the consumer whatsoever so always best to be on the safe side and undertake these applications free of charge

It is worth checking with your insurers on this and even the aspect of making a small charge even if its to cover your costs as insurers could possibly class any charges being made as being actual treatments and not case studies.

It is also worthwhile checking with them on the whole issue of your case studies work to ensure you are fully covered even for these applications

HTH and good luck with your case studies

Latest posts

Back