Annoyed over so called mobile hairdressers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lea2721

Reaction score
Just finished my level 2 went on fb to see some one who was on our course change her employment to mobile hairdresser at home, its not even a registered name it comes up as some one in london , she does not have insurance certaintly is not registered as self employed sorry just had to rant because it annoys me because then theres some one like me who would want to wait till have experiance and i want to do it officialy and actually have a real buisness , i said this and tgen she says oh well im fully booked for next 2 weeks so annoying but not worth lowering ny self is it x
Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

You are exactly right hun, It is not worth it.
See this girl is obviously lacking in experience and will more than likely make a bad name for herself.
experience and skill is everything in this trade.
If you are cocky and overconfident too soon, it is a recipe for diaster!
You will know the right time when to go it alone, its not worth risking your reputation before you have even started because of this person xxx

You will always get cowboys/girls!
You only have to skip around fb to see the amount of hideously cheap extension offers and so called mobile fully qualified hairdressers.
Just because they have a certificate from college to say theve completed the levels required,doesnt mean they have any experience or knowledge about the industry.
It takes many hard years of building a clientelle and a reputation to go with it so dont worry yourself too much about it.
Just think of all the corrections that will be coming your way :biggrin:

Sorry but how do you know she has no insurence. It only £50 and one phone call and your covered. Also you dont have to register a name with anyone and you also dont have to register self employed for 3 months. She may only be charging a training price. She is after all a qualified hairdresser so has every right to start trying to earn a living out of it. How else is she to gain more experience if she dosent put herself out there.

Im new to hair just finnished my level 2 and i have done 3 home clients now that i dont know. i go to their house to look at their hair first and only do it if i feel conifdent its somthing i can do. X.

Just a different point of view. X

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

I think the op is thinking that gaining experience as in working in a salon environment around other hairdressers to gain knowledge.

Sorry but how do you know she has no insurence. It only £50 and one phone call and your covered. Also you dont have to register a name with anyone and you also dont have to register self employed for 3 months. She may only be charging a training price. She is after all a qualified hairdresser so has every right to start trying to earn a living out of it. How else is she to gain more experience if she dosent put herself out there.

Im new to hair just finnished my level 2 and i have done 3 home clients now that i dont know. i go to their house to look at their hair first and only do it if i feel conifdent its somthing i can do. X.

Just a different point of view. X

Yes you do the moment you start charging people full prices you have to register as self employed as you are earning money and not declaring it i was adviced by my loan parent advisor and as for how do i know i commented saying i was tempted to do that but want to do it legit and get a registered name tell the tax man etc would feel more proud then she then comnented back saying oh well who cares im fully booked for 2 weeks so please read my post fully as i had statex this, and of course if you was to go fully self employed you would need a name that is registered as you could be using some one elses name illeagaly im not a brain box or anything but i have reasearched it and took advice from here and the jobcentre and online,
Its frustrating because this is the reason why the goverment has cut back on funding due to people learning and thwn going to do it working in kitchen on the side they even said this the other day at college what is wrong with being honest and following rules just annoys me that people cant do the same x

Soz to but in ,but what is this registered name thing I heard someone say something about it recently im pretty sure its not a required thing and register with who :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I totally agree with you Chaz. I see nothing wrong in what she is doing to be honest. At least she has the balls to just get on with it and gain pratical experience during the process.

I say ignore what she's doing and focus on your own personal goals.

I wish you all the very best.

From a client point of view I wouldnt want someone fresh out of full time college with no experience- especially if the person is not honest with me and I end up with a terrible hair do!
At the end of the day, we have all worked our way up and damn hard to build our clientelle. people put ALOT of trust in us as stylists and a few of the newbies wont understand that without having proper salon experience.
Yes, she may be qualified on paper, but the haircuts will say it all.

You are exactly right hun, It is not worth it.
See this girl is obviously lacking in experience and will more than likely make a bad name for herself.
experience and skill is everything in this trade.
If you are cocky and overconfident too soon, it is a recipe for diaster!
You will know the right time when to go it alone, its not worth risking your reputation before you have even started because of this person xxx

I know true just annoyingx

You will always get cowboys/girls!
You only have to skip around fb to see the amount of hideously cheap extension offers and so called mobile fully qualified hairdressers.
Just because they have a certificate from college to say theve completed the levels required,doesnt mean they have any experience or knowledge about the industry.
It takes many hard years of building a clientelle and a reputation to go with it so dont worry yourself too much about it.
Just think of all the corrections that will be coming your way :biggrin:

I know very true its just i think why cant people just be honest its more the morals of it i suppose id actually feel like im robbing some one well i suppose in a sense you are lol , but like you said there is always positives to go with the negatives xx

I totally agree with you Chaz. I see nothing wrong in what she is doing to be honest. At least she has the balls to just get on with it and gain pratical experience during the process.

I say ignore what she's doing and focus on your own personal goals.

I wish you all the very best.

Right so tomorrow i can go nake up my own buisness name charge people full prices tell them i am a fully qualfied hairdresser self employed mobile hairdresser with out telling the tax man or the benefits agency of which i am claiming and i would not be doing any thing illegal or are you sayibg more fool me for being to honest why shouldnt i go out there and doing regardless of laws etc

And i actually asked on the buisness geek the other day regardibg charging clients and all people said if i was to start charging then yes i would have to say i have a buisness to get insurance and also if i start charging to make some sort of profit then infact id have to be self employed so im very confuessed now

Im sorry but you are wrong. I dont mean to be rude i own a beauty salon and have done for 3 years im quite sure you dont have to register for 3 months you just back track. Also my business name is not registered with anyone. The only people you could registar with are companies house and you dont have to, larger companys tend to do this so no one can have the same name. But small companys/sole traders do not tend to do this but they can.

If they dont it dose not mean they are not leagaly able to trade it just means that someone else could also have the same name and theirs and not much that can be done about it. I have seen lots and lots of beauty and hair salons in different areas with the same name. Beautylishous, chop and change top knots, divas, the beauty spot, Hair @ Home all exsamples of overused names. X

She may be telling people she is newly trained i would of thought most people on her facebook would know this anyways. Im sure at some point she would have wrote a status about college. I know i did. And most of my facebook friends are my friends so they would know this anyways. X

Again, i totally agree with Chaz!

Forget this girl, what she does is her business. Just focus on your own goals and plans.

I personally think this girl sounds like a real go getter! Good for her.

Im sorry but you are wrong. I dont mean to be rude i own a beauty salon and have done for 3 years im quite sure you dont have to register for 3 months you just back track. Also my business name is not registered with anyone. The only people you could registar with are companies house and you dont have to, larger companys tend to do this so no one can have the same name. But small companys/sole traders do not tend to do this but they can.

If they dont it dose not mean they are not leagaly able to trade it just means that someone else could also have the same name and theirs and not much that can be done about it. I have seen lots and lots of beauty and hair salons in different areas with the same name. Beautylishous, chop and change top knots, divas, the beauty spot, Hair @ Home all exsamples of overused names. X

Well i got told that if i was to go self employed i would have to declare straight away as it would effect certain types of benefits and why was adviced then that you cant charge people unless your charging for product costs e.g colour x

If they dont it does not mean they are not leagaly able to trade it just means that someone else could also have the same name and theirs and not much that can be done about it. I have seen lots and lots of beauty and hair salons in different areas with the same name. Beautylishous, chop and change top knots, divas, the beauty spot, Hair @ Home all exsamples of overused names. X

Just looked on hmrc and under first steps to self employment it states you have to let us know as soon as you start work when going self employed as you may occur a penalty charge
Regardless i know she has no intention of registering as self employed just annoys me not because of jelousy etc but just because this effects every one why cant people just be truthful and do things leagaly whats wrong with that

If you have a qualifcation in hairdressing and you get some insurence and you plan to tell the tax man within the next 3 months that you have started to go self employed, and you back track your earnings to the very first day you started on the form you get for your tax returns in april. Then you are not doing anything wrong.

So yes you can just start a buisness. Starting a business is not a hard thing to do keep a business going is the hard thing.

As far as benifits are concered if shes cheeting the benefit system then she will get cought one day and may go to prison as punishment.

As I thought thanks ,im registered self employed under my name a trade under hair by **** ******* but I could use anything I like aslong as its not a registered name :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back