Electric bills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGsalon

Reaction score
Hello Geeks,

Wonder if any of you salon owners have the same problem as me.
My electric bills are around £300-600 per month. As you can Imagine I dread my bill coming through.

We don't have any heating so this is all going on 2 sunbeds and lights, sometimes air-con.

Do any of you have sunbeds? And are your bills around this? British gas are saying it will be them.

Any help of other electric suppliers would be great.

X

Can you call the sunbed manufacturer and ask what the power consumption per minute is? Then work out an average day per bed and use that as a guide with British gas's pricing? Also watch the little red light or disk on the meter when in use, the more frequent the light flashes or the black like comes around the more power is being consumed xoxo

have you tried going on a comparison website and seeing if you can get your usage cheaper?? just make sure that you find out how much you will owe current supplier if you do want to change xx

Thanks guys. I will check it out
X

Honestly I found Brittish Gas the most expensive and the worst company to deal with.....dont get me started!
Anyway, switched to Eon and our Electric bills have halved from £500 month to around £260.
Hope that helps
xxx

I found BES commercial electricity to be the cheapest. We don't have sunbeds at the salon but my monthly bills so far have been really reasonable. Cheaper than I expected. I do expect that to change in the winter though.
That's an awfull lot of money to be forking out on electricity bills each month. As already stated I'd query it and do a price comparison. Hth

i changed my home gas/electric and have saved nearly £60 per month!!(although i did have a few hundred to pay to supplier i was leaving first but even so wish id done it sooner! goodluck xx

I thought my electric bill was high at £159 per month!

I don't have sunbeds but I was looking into it. My main concern was elec usage.

Thanks everyone for your replys. I'm going to look into it more as it kills you off having such high bills.

My electric bill is £40 a month ;)

Noooo way! I want £40 a month haha. Who are you with?

No idea tbf I only contribute to the bill with my monthly rent that goes to landlord :)

My electricity bill was just over £10.00 first month and last month was just over £16.00 cause I'd put electric radiators on quite a bit cause it was cold some days.:D

just wondered if you had been giving your supplier regular meter readings or are they estimating your bills which would work out more expensive??

hope you get sorted as it sounds alot to be paying out!

I'm £110 a month on electric

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

ive got sunbeds, but they dont pull that much electricity. I do have my halogen lights which take up quite a bit. I didnt do direct debit at first and had huge bills at the end of the month. Eventually i cave in and saved myself over half price from actually setting one up. Also i have a business account for my energy suppliers, i used to pay £120 pm then it was reduced to £60 pm now its at £40 pm to cap it off as they had been estimating it! hths xoxo

I'm going to call them today. Been doing meter readings everyday and it's working out that I should be paying around £30 per week. So I'm going to refuse to pay it if they don't lower it. £318 was my bill this month!! AND that's cheap to what I normally get through! X

hope you get sorted, i dont know how they get away with it!!

i still cant believe how much im saving on my home electric so goodness knows how your going to feel when you get it sorted!!!

Hi,

I think what you are on is expensive but that does depend on how busy your sunbeds are and how many lights you have in the salon. I have now converted majority of the lights in the salon to led bulbs as its hardly uses much electric. Your best thing to do is ring your current supplier and ask for a electric/cost reader machine or buy an owl meter reader and this will tell you exactly how much electric you are using and spending.

I have two sunbeds, hair salon and beauty salon and open from 10 - 8, 6 days a week and only costing me around £150 a month.

I just rang my electric company and asked them if my direct debit can be reduced gave them an actual reading and my DD has been reduced to £64 ! what a monthly saving :)

Latest posts

Back