Gel not sticking to certain part of nails????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gogga

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I need your advice urgently. I did a client's nails on Monday and noticed that as soon as I put the gel on it would not stick on certain areas of her nails. It seemed like the gel was pulling away. I have been doing this lady's nails since last year, but this is the first time that I have noticed this. She has also complained that the gel apparently just peels from her nails.

Any ideas???

Your response will be greatly appreciated.

Tx
Monia (Gogga)

Is it possible that there was still dehydrator on her nails and so it wasn't sticking at those points?

What kind of gel/system are you using?

:lol: Hi is it Bio Sculpture Gel you are using because if it is this is what is happening. I know you are having a lot of hot weather over there and maybe your clients hands need to be washed is cold water after you have prepared her nails for the gel. After she has washed her hands than Sanitise then apply gel, it is usually oil on the nail or around the cuticle area that the gel will pull away from so if the client has applied hand or face cream it may still be sitting around the cuticle area or she may be touching her face while you are preparing the nails.
So make sure she washes her hands and get her to use a nail brush to give her nails a good scrub after you have finished your filling before sanitizing.
Try this and see how is goes I always get my clients to wash hands after filling.
Good luck
Di:eek:

Hi

It sounds like your not curing the gel for long enough if its peeling. I had this problem too and i found that it was simply that the bulb in my light had gone once i replaced it everything was fine.

Hi

Thanks for the replies. I am using Claws (buff off), apparently this gel is imported from the UK. I do make sure that the clients nails is totally dry after sanitizing and they are also not allowed to touch there face etc. Will ask her next time just to wash her hands after the buffing. Could it be that her nails contain alot of moisture/oil?

Hi Gogga,

Just wanted to say that I can't help you with your question, but I love your user name ! :lol:

I'm from South Africa as well (been living in the UK for 8 years now) and will keep the meaning of your user name a secret :wink2: :wink2: :)

River

What exactly are you doing for PREP as often that can be the reason for it not sticking to the nail as it has not had dead tissue removed properly or dehydrated enough...tell us what you dofor PREP step by step and we might see where the problem lies. As for peeling off again PREP or as has been mentioned undercuring.

Latest posts

Back