Salon Geek
                 

The Biz Geek Professional discussions on the business side of our industry

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  (#1) Old
Massively geeky
 
BotoxBoy's Avatar
BotoxBoy has finally found someone they can love - a good, clean love... without utensilsBotoxBoy has finally found someone they can love - a good, clean love... without utensilsBotoxBoy has finally found someone they can love - a good, clean love... without utensilsBotoxBoy has finally found someone they can love - a good, clean love... without utensils
Posts: 785
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Manchester
New website launched...please have a peek! - 25-03-12, 09:59 PM

www.awaesthetics.com

Hi everyone!

We've been fine tuning the site to make it a lot more cohesive and like a 'brand'

Could you please take a quick 30 second look and give me feedback positive or negative! I really don't mind so feel free to be as critical as you want!

BotoxBoy
Reply With Quote
  (#2) Old
Geeky
 
airendaie's Avatar
airendaie is carrying over $6 in change
Posts: 198
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Scotland
25-03-12, 10:15 PM

Just had a wee peek at your site and I think it looks great! The text is easy to read. I downloaded the pdfs in 'treatment menu' and really like that you give the info about the treatments before the prices. I don't know much about these treatments and I understood everything (I think!)

I think its great! Well done!
Reply With Quote
  (#3) Old
Grand Geek
 
Miss Pink23's Avatar
Miss Pink23 has finally found someone they can love - a good, clean love... without utensilsMiss Pink23 has finally found someone they can love - a good, clean love... without utensilsMiss Pink23 has finally found someone they can love - a good, clean love... without utensilsMiss Pink23 has finally found someone they can love - a good, clean love... without utensils
Posts: 2,777
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Brighton
25-03-12, 10:24 PM

I agree with the above. The layout is clear and concise and navigation is easy.
The only 2 things I spotted that I dont like so much are the line on the homepage 'anti-wrinkle injections and dermal fillers clinic'. For some reason it just doesn't read right. Maybe because it has two plural words in the sentence and then clinic at the end. Im not sure, but for me it's not quite right.

Also, IMO I don't like sites that are written in the third person. If you are the only one doing the treatments and its your clinic, I think the website should be written in the first person. I believe it makes it more personal and friendly.

x
Reply With Quote
  (#4) Old
Massively geeky
 
BotoxBoy's Avatar
BotoxBoy has finally found someone they can love - a good, clean love... without utensilsBotoxBoy has finally found someone they can love - a good, clean love... without utensilsBotoxBoy has finally found someone they can love - a good, clean love... without utensilsBotoxBoy has finally found someone they can love - a good, clean love... without utensils
Posts: 785
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Manchester
28-03-12, 11:27 PM

Thanks guys... We're gonna make a few more tweaks and thanks for the feedback!
Reply With Quote
  (#5) Old
Geeky
 
2h2h's Avatar
has disabled reputation
Posts: 196
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sussex
29-03-12, 07:12 AM

Looks good to me, although, I do agree with MissPink23's comment re 'anti-wrinkle injections and dermal fillers clinic'.
Reply With Quote
  (#6) Old
Freaky geeky
 
essentia's Avatar
essentia wishes s/he could speak whaleessentia wishes s/he could speak whaleessentia wishes s/he could speak whaleessentia wishes s/he could speak whaleessentia wishes s/he could speak whaleessentia wishes s/he could speak whaleessentia wishes s/he could speak whaleessentia wishes s/he could speak whaleessentia wishes s/he could speak whale
Posts: 1,270
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Basingstoke
29-03-12, 12:34 PM

Others are right about losing the clinic bit. Also where it says

One of the best parts of this job is making people feel better about themselves - it may sound a bit more eloquent to say
My vocation(or mission) is making people feel better about themselves. Less wordy IMHO.
Reply With Quote
  (#7) Old
Massively geeky
 
BotoxBoy's Avatar
BotoxBoy has finally found someone they can love - a good, clean love... without utensilsBotoxBoy has finally found someone they can love - a good, clean love... without utensilsBotoxBoy has finally found someone they can love - a good, clean love... without utensilsBotoxBoy has finally found someone they can love - a good, clean love... without utensils
Posts: 785
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Manchester
29-03-12, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by essentia View Post
Others are right about losing the clinic bit. Also where it says

One of the best parts of this job is making people feel better about themselves - it may sound a bit more eloquent to say
My vocation(or mission) is making people feel better about themselves. Less wordy IMHO.
Fab- I totally agree!
Reply With Quote
  (#8) Old
Geek
Sparkles2011 is carrying over $6 in change
Posts: 139
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: essex
29-03-12, 11:07 PM

I think the site is great! Very clear and comprehensive. I like the colours too. I proof read documents in my day job and I've read it all and haven't picked anything up

However, may I ask the expert a wee question...?

I have deep verticle frown lines that are there at resting... If that's the right phrase... Would botox plump these out? Also I'm hoping to have IVF shortly and wonder if botox is safe in pregnancy?

May i add, its amazing how quick these have appeared. When I'm under pressure or tired I frown and have only noticed this since last summer. I just can't stop myself but they are really deep now. I'm 33 and feel a bit young to have such seriously bad wrinkles in my face lol

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Sparkles xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation using SalonGeek
Reply With Quote
  (#9) Old
Massively geeky
 
BotoxBoy's Avatar
BotoxBoy has finally found someone they can love - a good, clean love... without utensilsBotoxBoy has finally found someone they can love - a good, clean love... without utensilsBotoxBoy has finally found someone they can love - a good, clean love... without utensilsBotoxBoy has finally found someone they can love - a good, clean love... without utensils
Posts: 785
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Manchester
29-03-12, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles2011 View Post
I think the site is great! Very clear and comprehensive. I like the colours too. I proof read documents in my day job and I've read it all and haven't picked anything up

However, may I ask the expert a wee question...?

I have deep verticle frown lines that are there at resting... If that's the right phrase... Would botox plump these out? Also I'm hoping to have IVF shortly and wonder if botox is safe in pregnancy?

May i add, its amazing how quick these have appeared. When I'm under pressure or tired I frown and have only noticed this since last summer. I just can't stop myself but they are really deep now. I'm 33 and feel a bit young to have such seriously bad wrinkles in my face lol

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Sparkles xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation using SalonGeek
Thanks for your comments! A proof reader! Fab...

As for your question, Botox doesn't plump up a line but can stop it forming if it's caused by the muscles. If its a deep line at rest you may need a filler.

Being pregnant or trying to become pregnant is an absolute contraindication to having Botox or fillers I'm afraid!
Reply With Quote
  (#10) Old
Grand Geek
 
Kim Lawless's Avatar
Kim Lawless says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketKim Lawless says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketKim Lawless says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketKim Lawless says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketKim Lawless says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketKim Lawless says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketKim Lawless says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketKim Lawless says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketKim Lawless says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketKim Lawless says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketKim Lawless says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocket
Posts: 8,363
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: www.kimlawless.com
29-03-12, 11:36 PM

Fantastic looking site and very professional. My only comment would be that the pic on your home page of the guy with the metal on his face……I know it's meant to look edgy but I think it makes the site look more like a beauty salon or dare I say something kinky, rather than medical. The rest is superb. Great job.
Planky1 hearts this.
Reply With Quote
  (#11) Old
Geek
Sparkles2011 is carrying over $6 in change
Posts: 139
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: essex
30-03-12, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BotoxBoy View Post
Thanks for your comments! A proof reader! Fab...

As for your question, Botox doesn't plump up a line but can stop it forming if it's caused by the muscles. If its a deep line at rest you may need a filler.

Being pregnant or trying to become pregnant is an absolute contraindication to having Botox or fillers I'm afraid!
Damn it lol okay I guess ill have to wait then. Thanks so much for your reply x

Sent from my HTC Sensation using SalonGeek
Reply With Quote
  (#12) Old
Real geeky
 
staceymackey's Avatar
And in the morning, staceymackey's making waffles!And in the morning, staceymackey's making waffles!And in the morning, staceymackey's making waffles!And in the morning, staceymackey's making waffles!
Posts: 248
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Queensland, Australia
30-03-12, 01:13 PM

Professional, sleek, elegant. I think its wonderful! If researching for this type of service I would find your website reassuring. There is enough content to demonstrate you know your subject and have a passion for it, without being overwhelming or dull. Well done!
Reply With Quote
  (#13) Old
Uber geek
 
FlawlessBeauty's Avatar
By FlawlessBeauty's hammer, you shall be avengedBy FlawlessBeauty's hammer, you shall be avengedBy FlawlessBeauty's hammer, you shall be avengedBy FlawlessBeauty's hammer, you shall be avengedBy FlawlessBeauty's hammer, you shall be avengedBy FlawlessBeauty's hammer, you shall be avenged
Posts: 1,704
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Surrey
30-03-12, 04:18 PM

I love it.

The colours and font and everything is gorgeous and so easy to read. Makes perfect sense to someone like me who doesn't have a clue about any of it.

I agree with Kim and also about the "clinic" wording.

Great job xx
Reply With Quote
  (#14) Old
Freaky geeky
 
sunshineinme's Avatar
sunshineinme has a blind date with Destiny - and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.sunshineinme has a blind date with Destiny - and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.sunshineinme has a blind date with Destiny - and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.
Posts: 1,232
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Surrey
30-03-12, 04:59 PM

Hiya, I really admire your work but to be very honest I really don't like your website.

The guy on the home page is odd- what are the metal buttons stick to his face for? What does he represent? The colours are very contrasting and somehow don't make it trustworthy. If I didn't know you from here I would not be convinced by your website.

It's too edgy for my likings. Although that 's probably the look you're after.

If I was looking for aesthetic services I would turn to the company with a bit softer image, as this website makes me somehow uncomfortable. I don't feel like I even want to browse it.

But it's me and I am only expressing my opinion. I was thinking from yesterday if I should tell you that because I don't want to offend you!!! I Know that probably there will be people here jumping on me how dare I

Like I am saying it's my opinion.
Please don't get annoyed xxxxxxxxxx

You can't please everyone they say! So as long as majority likes it- that's great xxx
Reply With Quote
  (#15) Old
Massively geeky
 
BotoxBoy's Avatar
BotoxBoy has finally found someone they can love - a good, clean love... without utensilsBotoxBoy has finally found someone they can love - a good, clean love... without utensilsBotoxBoy has finally found someone they can love - a good, clean love... without utensilsBotoxBoy has finally found someone they can love - a good, clean love... without utensils
Posts: 785
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Manchester
30-03-12, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineinme View Post
Hiya, I really admire your work but to be very honest I really don't like your website.

The guy on the home page is odd- what are the metal buttons stick to his face for? What does he represent? The colours are very contrasting and somehow don't make it trustworthy. If I didn't know you from here I would not be convinced by your website.

It's too edgy for my likings. Although that 's probably the look you're after.

If I was looking for aesthetic services I would turn to the company with a bit softer image, as this website makes me somehow uncomfortable. I don't feel like I even want to browse it.

But it's me and I am only expressing my opinion. I was thinking from yesterday if I should tell you that because I don't want to offend you!!! I Know that probably there will be people here jumping on me how dare I

Like I am saying it's my opinion.
Please don't get annoyed xxxxxxxxxx

You can't please everyone they say! So as long as majority likes it- that's great xxx
Not annoyed in the slightest! If I ask for opinions it would be silly to be offended! X
hayleysspraytan hearts this.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





© 1997-2014 Sweet Squared LLP