Salon Geek
                 

The Nail Geek Nail professionals discussing all aspects of hand and foot care.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  (#1) Old
Geeklette
 
Root's Avatar
Roots head weighs 8lbs
Posts: 14
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: West Midlands
Victoria Beckhams nails - 25-10-05, 11:40 PM

I wonder who does Victoria Beckhams nails? They always look so perfect, I'd love to have a good inspection of them. Do you reckon she has permanent french l&p?
Reply With Quote
  (#2) Old
Grand Geek
 
ADiva1's Avatar
ADiva1 wishes s/he could speak whaleADiva1 wishes s/he could speak whaleADiva1 wishes s/he could speak whaleADiva1 wishes s/he could speak whaleADiva1 wishes s/he could speak whaleADiva1 wishes s/he could speak whaleADiva1 wishes s/he could speak whaleADiva1 wishes s/he could speak whaleADiva1 wishes s/he could speak whale
Posts: 3,766
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Earley, Reading Berkshire
25-10-05, 11:53 PM

I think whoever does her nails uses Creative, dont know where she gets them done though. She's got no probs about maintenance every 2 weeks AND she does not do alot to ruin them!
Reply With Quote
  (#3) Old
Master Geek
 
lancslass's Avatar
lancslass has a blind date with Destiny - and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.lancslass has a blind date with Destiny - and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.lancslass has a blind date with Destiny - and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.lancslass has a blind date with Destiny - and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.
Posts: 2,123
Join Date: May 2005
Location: North West
26-10-05, 12:03 AM

i did know the name of the person and i know where every vic is she flys the tech to her to have her nails done and i think she gives her about £300 ...................lucky sod ,,it was in a mag a while ago
Reply With Quote
  (#4) Old
Uber geek
 
smiler13334's Avatar
smiler13334 has a pencil up their nose and says Wibble!smiler13334 has a pencil up their nose and says Wibble!smiler13334 has a pencil up their nose and says Wibble!smiler13334 has a pencil up their nose and says Wibble!smiler13334 has a pencil up their nose and says Wibble!
Posts: 1,698
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Surrey
26-10-05, 12:21 AM

Victoria's nails do look lovely, she takes a pride in her appearance which is cool!
Reply With Quote
  (#5) Old
Uber geek
 
IllumeGirl's Avatar
IllumeGirl Pity's the Fool that Messes with ThemIllumeGirl Pity's the Fool that Messes with ThemIllumeGirl Pity's the Fool that Messes with ThemIllumeGirl Pity's the Fool that Messes with ThemIllumeGirl Pity's the Fool that Messes with ThemIllumeGirl Pity's the Fool that Messes with Them
Posts: 1,589
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: australia
26-10-05, 01:46 AM

i love her nails! she has the best style but she really does need some food and a smile on her face. maybe its having to hear davids voice???
Reply With Quote
  (#6) Old
Very geeky
 
extensionten's Avatar
extensionten likes your Guatamalanessextensionten likes your Guatamalanessextensionten likes your Guatamalaness
Posts: 570
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Essex
26-10-05, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melody jayne
i love her nails! she has the best style but she really does need some food and a smile on her face. maybe its having to hear davids voice???
yeah but you would switch off from the voice wouldn't you! he has one or two other things you could focus on!!

Oh, and on the nail front, whoever does her nail is a very lucky lady/man!! don't you think.... imagin, just one or two clients like that each week..... ahhhhhhhhhhhh yeah dream on!
Reply With Quote
  (#7) Old
Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
 
geeg's Avatar
geeg says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketgeeg says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketgeeg says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketgeeg says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketgeeg says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketgeeg says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketgeeg says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketgeeg says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketgeeg says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketgeeg says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketgeeg says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocket
Posts: 32,677
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Benissa, Costa Blanca, Spain
26-10-05, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by extensionten
yeah but you would switch off from the voice wouldn't you! he has one or two other things you could focus on!!

Oh, and on the nail front, whoever does her nail is a very lucky lady/man!! don't you think.... imagine, just one or two clients like that each week..... ahhhhhhhhhhhh yeah dream on!
Don't be so sure.

I am very close to the technician who did VB nails for 3 years.
VB is a horrendous nail biter.
Yes, the nail tech flew to her every 2 weeks and at the time charged 250.
VB said she thought it was too much. My friend said, "I will not work for less as it is a whole day out of the salon." So VB arranged for the tech to also do her mum and sister to share the cost.
My friend was not allowed to tell anyone she did VB nails and had to sign an agreement to that effect.
My friend was also a major factor in VB getting all her clothes and memorabilia back when they were stolen from a BA flight several years ago. VB never even offered her a reward ... ziltch .... altho BA awarded VB 50,000 AND she got her stuff back.
VB does mention my friend by name in her book but that is all.
My friend does say that David is lovely and makes a mean Shepherds Pie!!

Last edited by Sassy Hassy; 30-08-07 at 12:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  (#8) Old
Strictly Scottish Geek!
 
izzidoll's Avatar
izzidoll says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketizzidoll says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketizzidoll says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketizzidoll says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketizzidoll says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketizzidoll says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketizzidoll says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketizzidoll says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketizzidoll says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketizzidoll says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketizzidoll says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocket
Posts: 12,094
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Scotland
26-10-05, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeg
Don't be so sure.

I am very close to the technician who did VB nails for 3 years.
VB is a horrendous nail biter.
Yes, the nail tech flew to her every 2 weeks and at the time charged 250.
VB said she thought it was too much. My friend said, "I will not work for less as it is a whole day out of the salon." So VB arranged for the tech to also do her mum and sister to share the cost.
My friend was not allowed to tell anyone she did VB nails and had to sign an agreement to that effect.
My friend was also a major factor in VB getting all her clothes and memorabilia back when they were stolen from a BA flight several years ago. VB never even offered her a reward ... ziltch .... altho BA awarded VB 50,000 AND she got her stuff back.
VB does mention my friend by name in her book but that is all.
My friend does say that David is lovely and makes a mean Shepherds Pie!!
Reading this makes you wonder if it would actually be worth it to be her nail tech.....
BUT, actually I still think it would....her nails are always admired! I think it must give a nail tech great satisfaction to know that all over the western world people are looking at pictures of Victoria Beckham and saying her nails look gorgeous....and be able to think .....I did them!

I remember years ago in a Hello magazine VB's nails looked awful she was an obvious biter and had had white tips put on...AND you could actually see hot spots on her nail beds where they had been overfiled!!....
After that she must have started going to your friend Geeg....as they now look gorgeous, and I suspect from a recent picture I saw she now has a custom colour blend to elongate her nail bed.....beautiful......

Last edited by Sassy Hassy; 30-08-07 at 12:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  (#9) Old
Supporting breast cancer
 
mandy121060's Avatar
mandy121060 is carrying over $6 in change
Posts: 1,373
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Spain Benalmadena
26-10-05, 10:24 AM

I think some people have problems with FAME going to their heads, as with VB.
We should rename her ''Stuck-up Spice''
Have you seen the poses in front of the camera she nearly swops legs over. Hee hee
David on the other hand seems just the way he is normal, its her that dresses him up and fluffs around him. Thats what I think, I may be wrong, but he don't put on heirs and graces.
Sherry
Reply With Quote
  (#10) Old
Master Artist
 
talented talons's Avatar
talented talons has a pencil up their nose and says Wibble!talented talons has a pencil up their nose and says Wibble!talented talons has a pencil up their nose and says Wibble!talented talons has a pencil up their nose and says Wibble!talented talons has a pencil up their nose and says Wibble!
Posts: 3,177
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: essex
26-10-05, 10:31 AM

I know it would be nice to do someone famous's nails, but then they would expect alot for their money and i expect wouldn't appreciatte what you do, quite the same as jo public do. ( although sometimes they don't either..lol)

I am determined to get myself known in this industry so one day i will be able to offer great nails to all the stars. ( well if you don't reach for the stars.......)
Reply With Quote
  (#11) Old
Real geeky
 
perfect ten's Avatar
perfect tens head weighs 8lbs
Posts: 254
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sweden
Cheesy 26-10-05, 12:41 PM

i would love to do famous people but i don't have the patience to take **** from anyone so all my down to earth working-class costumers are all i could handle right now
Reply With Quote
  (#12) Old
Geeky
 
vicxzy's Avatar
vicxzy is wearing their underpants on the outside
Posts: 209
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Cheshire
26-10-05, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzidoll
Reading this makes you wonder if it would actually be worth it to be her nail tech.....
BUT, actually I still think it would....her nails are always admired! I think it must give a nail tech great satisfaction to know that all over the western world people are looking at pictures of Victoria Beckham and saying her nails look gorgeous....and be able to think .....I did them!

I remember years ago in a Hello magazine VB's nails looked awful she was an obvious biter and had had white tips put on...AND you could actually see hot spots on her nail beds where they had been overfiled!!....
After that she must have started going to your friend Geeg....as they now look gorgeous, and I suspect from a recent picture I saw she now has a custom colour blend to elongate her nail bed.....beautiful......

I remember seeing her nails when they were like that and I once saw a pic from her spice girl days when she had what looked like cheap stick ons!
They look gorgeous now though
Reply With Quote
  (#13) Old
Moderate geek
 
tilly's Avatar
tilly is a martini, shaken not stirred
Posts: 77
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Perth, Western Australia
26-10-05, 02:25 PM

Do you guys know of Emily Symons she played Maryln in Home & Away and was doing the phantomines in England, I used to do her nails ( shes not a big superstar ) but she was a real pleasure to do
Reply With Quote
  (#14) Old
Massively geeky
 
wendyrose's Avatar
wendyrose is a donkey on the edge
Posts: 797
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Dublin, Ireland
26-10-05, 02:30 PM

isnt she in emerdale now?
Reply With Quote
  (#15) Old
Very geeky
 
Cuttie_Pie's Avatar
Cuttie_Pie is a martini, shaken not stirred
Posts: 445
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Leeds
26-10-05, 02:31 PM

as hu?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





© 1997-2014 Sweet Squared LLP