Salon Geek

The Nail Geek Nail professionals discussing all aspects of hand and foot care.

LinkBack Thread Tools
  (#1) Old
Real geeky

missladys head weighs 8lbs
Client asking why Gellux has chipped - 16-04-12, 08:05 PM

Hi Geeks, I need a bit of advice on how to reply to a client. I did her nails Saturday and she had her 11 month old at home. I love babies but every minute she was up to pick her up, give her the dummy and take things from her.... whilst I was applying Gellux. She's now messaged me to ask why her nails are chipping. Her nails peel alot so this could be a possibility. I haven't looked at them yet so cannot say I am not to blame. But I also think the constant fidgeting and interruptions didn't help. Every time I did a layer there were loads of fibres in it because she kept moving about. She even asked me to stop at one point and pick up her baby, put her in the high chair and give her the dummy.

I don't want to point the finger or sound like i'm whining but I need to make her understand that she could be at fault. I will be going back to look at them but need to get across the point of doing my job with no distractions.

Thanks in advance. x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek
  (#2) Old
Banned
Mobile Manicure likes your GuatamalanessMobile Manicure likes your GuatamalanessMobile Manicure likes your Guatamalaness
16-04-12, 08:53 PM

Oh poor you! I know exactly where you're coming from. I posted a thread on this subject just last week and got a lot of good responses on how to delicately tackle the "interrupting toddlers". I'll try and find it for you and try and attach it. Bear with me, I'm not too good on attaching things....

You'll probably need to tell her that you couldn't carry out the treatment as you would have liked and as is required due to the constant interruptions and that this service needs to be carried out from start to finish without any breaks to receive the full benefit.
  (#3) Old
Banned
Mobile Manicure likes your GuatamalanessMobile Manicure likes your GuatamalanessMobile Manicure likes your Guatamalaness
16-04-12, 08:56 PM

Kids climbing over mum while having a treatment
  (#4) Old
Real geeky

missladys head weighs 8lbs
16-04-12, 09:32 PM

Thanks! That's great. You got some really good responses to your thread. It actually reminded me that at her last appointment she asked me to wipe her baby's nose. Maybe she is just taking the piddle out of me!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek