Polish collection

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess88

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I need a collection of nail polishes to start me off, I have looked at Misa and Attitude range and am thinking of getting around 20 bottles to start with, but I have also been looking for job lots on ebay.

Do you think using these to start off with would be any good??

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you would look more professional if you stocked a high end salon polish such as OPI, Essie, Orly or Nails Inc to name just a few. Varnishes you can buy from the supermarket don't look as good and furthermore, buying a job lot from eBay can be risky. The varnishes are probably old and discontinued stock from a Market trader or something. Carrying lots of different brands looks messy too. When I have all my OPI polishes displayed it looks really neat and attractive.

Go to your local beauty trade shop such as Sally's and have a mosey round. It's better to pay a bit extra as you get a much better quality product, which doesn't chip as easily and which your clients will be happy with.

Do you think using these to start off with would be any good??
That would depend on what kind of impression you want to give out; if it's one of professionalism then you won't touch with a bargepole.

There are absolutely no benefits to you of using the inferior, non-pro products - clients can purchase anywhere, they have no reason what-so-ever to visit your salon and pay money for something they could do themselves.

A professional brand also speaks volumes about the quality of service one could reasonably expect. Invest wisely and you will be rewarded.

How do you mean starting out, as in still training or setting up your own business? If your just using them to practice then its fine, but if you are intending to use these on paying clients you should in my opinion be using proffesional products. As far as ebay is concerned i wouldnt trust it for more than display items (colour wheels etc) as you just dont know if products are fake or not, besides, the polishes displayed are retail items anyone could buy from the likes of superdrug. Clients will expect proffessional products to be used during a proffessional treatment, not something they could have done themselves. Attitude are a good brand to start out with, wont break the bank but enough colours to have a decent selection. HTH xx

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

I really do not think that getting these is a good idea if you're planning to use them on paying customers.

Professional polish is definitely the way forward and you'll get much better results and find the actual polishing easier too. Firstly, you will look more like a professional and secondly, nothing is worse than trying to get good coverage with out-of-date polish.

Are you on a limited budget? Start out with french, a bright red, a dark red, a pale pink, a hot pink, coral, taupe, etc and just get a few that you think people will like without going crazy. You can add to it over time xx

Am I the one reading it wrong?
I thought the OP was asking about a collection of Misa or Attitude pollishes? As far as I was aware both of these brands are pro?
Both of these brands can only be bought from wholesale nail suppliers.

yea I think your right it would be better to use a proffesional brand even if I am just starting up, I prob wouldn't be able to afford opi, cnd e.t.c so will prob get a few attitude polishes to start with.

What about decent nail art pens?? I currently have paints and brushes and I hate having to use a mixing palette, getting the water out, cleaning it, it just gets on my nerves, to do a few flick and dots I would much prefer just the pens

Am I the one reading it wrong?
I thought the OP was asking about a collection of Misa or Attitude pollishes? As far as I was aware both of these brands are pro?
Both of these brands can only be bought from wholesale nail suppliers.

There was a link to a joblot on ebay with the likes of loreal and max factor before... Its gone now tho :S

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

when I started out I made use of the Sallys deals. They often have China Glaze on 3 for 2 and VAT free days. I saved a fortune by doing 3 for 2 and VAT together! :)
I have about 30 different colours now.
xx

Latest posts

Back