Salon Geek

The Hair Geek Professionals discussing all aspects of the hair industry

LinkBack Thread Tools
  (#1) Old
Master Geek

And in the morning, lilly's making waffles!And in the morning, lilly's making waffles!And in the morning, lilly's making waffles!And in the morning, lilly's making waffles!
Evil Help with Kodo scissors - 16-04-12, 09:00 PM

Sooo fed up, I bought a pair of Kodo epo 50 scissors, I have cut myself to pieces and when I try and cut a baseline, like for a bob where the hair is combed against the nape, the hair is just pushing away from the scissors , looks like they're going to scissor heaven, any ideas what to go for, I don't do much slicing but like to point cut, should I go for 1 serrated edge ???

Ps These were bout 90 so can't pay out lots now

Last edited by lilly; 16-04-12 at 09:27 PM.
  (#2) Old
Freaky geeky

Theden is on the yellow brick roadTheden is on the yellow brick road
16-04-12, 10:39 PM

If you've cut yourself a lot you've probably knackered the tips which I why the hair is pushing I have 2 pairs of scissors serrated for length fringe etc then a bigger straight blade for slicing, Chanel cutting an point cutting but if your just after the one pair try and find some with one serrated edge although you might fin it pulls slightly when slicing x
  (#3) Old
Master Geek

And in the morning, lilly's making waffles!And in the morning, lilly's making waffles!And in the morning, lilly's making waffles!And in the morning, lilly's making waffles!
16-04-12, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theden View Post
If you've cut yourself a lot you've probably knackered the tips which I why the hair is pushing I have 2 pairs of scissors serrated for length fringe etc then a bigger straight blade for slicing, Chanel cutting an point cutting but if your just after the one pair try and find some with one serrated edge although you might fin it pulls slightly when slicing x

Thanks for your answer but I've used them for a them for a couple of days so don't think I'd have knackered the tips. I thought I could get used to them but I don't thinkI can !!!
  (#4) Old
Freaky geeky

Theden is on the yellow brick roadTheden is on the yellow brick road
16-04-12, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilly View Post
Thanks for your answer but I've used them for a them for a couple of days so don't think I'd have knackered the tips. I thought I could get used to them but I don't thinkI can !!!
Hmmm not sure Hun I've never used them I normaly go with joewell or kasho x