Ammonia free hair colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, my post was regarding ammonia free.... Not a natural range.

Interesting I have heard of it and know salons that use organic colour systems, think its about time I gave it a try! I researched it many years ago but there was so much conflicting stuff out there I forgot the lot !

I could post here slagging off the colour houses you guys use for what they use in their products etc but i havent done that have i?
I know ive used this product for 15 years and i know whats in it and what it can do and a blog written by someone looking at the very basics of a product certainly isnt going to taint the product.
Just look at all the posts on here let alone all over the internet about big colour houses launching their so called natural colour ranges?Now if that were the case and they had launched what they percieve as the most natural option for the consumer why bother manufacturing the other stuff?
Im not getting into an argument here with anyone who wants to slate a product theyve NEVER used as ive never used alot of the prducts you probably use.
If someones going to post a question and i know the answer,thats what im going to do.Answer to the best of my knowledge so dont jump on me at every given opportunity.

I didn't slate it either only posted the blog for reference! The blog wasn't all bad either, says its great for people with sensitivity to ammonia and it contains organic ingredients! :-£

You didnt make it clear you were talking about a "natural" product.
Just because you havent heard of a colour company doesnt mean they are not good at what they produce.
They really dont need to put £££ into advertising and marketing,they are doing perfectly great without it.
In the same eay we gain our clientelle over the years,we work hard to be good at what we do and strive to improve ourselves at every opportunity with extra courses/refreshers and research.
Its really no different for these colour/product companies either.
They work really hard to create their range and thats good enough for me.
They manufacture in the uk which is a big thing now as they are continuing to keep people in work and are building up an amazing profile all over the world,so spending money needlessly wouldnt benefit them at all.

I just coped this off that link interesting read !

I am a stylist and I use organic colour systems. I think that it is insane not to admit that ammonia is a harmful chemical. Also, a fact that has not been mentioned, ammonia destroys the tyrosine in the hair. This protein is responsible for natural hair color and is what the actual color molecules MUST attach to. If there is no tyrosine than the color fades quickly… sound familiar? In response to ppd being a oil product. This is true, however, there is only ONE sourse of pigment available and that is ppd (we are not talking henna here which is a vegitable dye and is impossible to remove). It is not a question of which oxidative colors contain ppd but rather how much ppd is in the product. Organic colour systems contains roughly 1/10th of the amount of ppd than other colors. There is only 1 in 300,000 people that have a reaction to ppd. There are about 1 in 10 people that have some reaction to ammonia even if only a small burning or itch. Organic colour systems’ care products are also sulfate and paraben free. Hope this clarifies.

Thank you pinkpants x

Was wondering if anyone has any useful input on any of the many new ammonia free permanent ranges now available? Persianista are you using chromatics? I'm dubious myself still, tried inoa first time round an hated it! ;)

Hi I am actually using inositol and love it!!they have recently changed it all again !its the only colour my mum can get on her scalp that doesn't nip and great for us hairdressers as there is no smell.

Well I hope in years to come it gets to the forefront of colouring if their products are so great. And I mean that seriously not taking the p**s. My reply was in answer to the OP's question about ammonia free color and I was talking about redken.

I think that ammonia free is the future of color and from my experience it still has a long way to go to change many people's views.

Hi
I just wanted to jump on here.
Organiccoloursystems.com or herbuk.com are a company that make (in the uk)ammonia free hair colour.
The range stretches from a wash in/semi right through to hi lift and definatly permanent colour.
It covers 100% grey resistant hair as well as a harsh ammonia based colour as it opens the hair shaft in a softer way rather than blowing it open with ammonia.
Been using it for 15 years now and would never ever use anything else.
x

Hi I am very interested in this product!can you tell me more about it?im using inoa on my mum just now and other clients with sensitive scalps,and so far inoa is fab for scalp comfort .Its also better for us as hairdressors as there is no smell

Hi I am actually using inositol and love it!!they have recently changed it all again !its the only colour my mum can get on her scalp that doesn't nip and great for us hairdressers as there is no smell.

Ps meant inoa

organiccoloursystems.com
x

Our paul mitchel rep said that the companys that are now ammonia free have simply replaced the ammonia with some thing else that will be just as damaging. Dont know how true that is but thats was he said. X

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

Hi I love inoa I have a few clients with sensitive scalps and it is amazing for scalp comfort,also the more you use it,the better condition the hair gets so inoa must be doing something right

We've been using the new inoa for a few weeks now and it's amazing so much better than loreal a first attempt !! X

We've been using the new inoa for a few weeks now and it's amazing so much better than loreal a first attempt !! X

Interesting!

yes i agree i wasnt impressed with it when it first came out as the mixing technique was a pain,but now it is great to mix and is def alot better!I really cant fault it and the new highlifts are coming soon;)

yes i agree i wasnt impressed with it when it first came out as the mixing technique was a pain,but now it is great to mix and is def alot better!I really cant fault it and the new highlifts are coming soon;)

I can't wait !! And concentrates pretty soon :) x

Its in over 40 countries all over the world and has been for many years.
Rather than spend an absolute fortune on advertising they put the money into the products they make so the quality is the best standard.
My boss has just come back from 3 weeks in the states training salons over there.
Trust me,its definate:biggrin:ly heard of!

I would personally give the brand a go because the HQ is in my town and that's the only reason I've hear of it, however the only results I've seen from it are pretty poor (that could be down to who's using it of course) and I've tried their true semi and it faded loads before it was even washed for the first time.
The only thing I don't understand about the company is that they aren't well known and they don't advertised but they don't supply freelance and they'll only supply you if you buy their whole range at once! Makes no sense to me as you will have to be rolling in it to spend £1000's on products of which half you may not like atall.

Hi Perry.
The reasoning behind buying in the whole range is because it works as a system.
The after care is designed to work alongside the colour with a low ph and no parabens and most of their styling range doesnt contain plastics either,which clog up the hair causing colours sometimes not to go in as well as they should.
When using this colour range more often than not we will apply a treatment (protein/moisture depending on how the stretch test goes)before colouring to stabilise it and helping to colour the hair.

Unfortuneatly some people use it in the same way they would use other colour systems and thats why the results arent as good.
As they say knowledge is the key.
You could always go along to the academy and see for yourself how it works.
Im sure they would be more than happy to give you some background.
x

Latest posts

Back