Salon Geek

The Nail Geek Nail professionals discussing all aspects of hand and foot care.

LinkBack Thread Tools
  (#16) Old
Grand Geek

An*Gel says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketAn*Gel says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketAn*Gel says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketAn*Gel says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketAn*Gel says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketAn*Gel says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketAn*Gel says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketAn*Gel says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketAn*Gel says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketAn*Gel says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketAn*Gel says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocket
16-04-12, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Layla View Post
No your right I won't, I've never had any trouble with shellac before this! Just applied speedy to my thumb will see what happens!
Glad you got cracking on that straight away! (pun intended )

Let us know how you get on.
Princess Layla hearts this.
  (#17) Old
Uber geek

Princess Layla is carrying over $6 in change
16-04-12, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by An*Gel View Post
Glad you got cracking on that straight away! (pun intended )

Let us know how you get on.
Lol, will do thanx x
  (#18) Old
Grand Geek

And in the morning, stephiebaby's making waffles!And in the morning, stephiebaby's making waffles!And in the morning, stephiebaby's making waffles!And in the morning, stephiebaby's making waffles!
16-04-12, 10:43 PM

Just a thought, could she have used a nvr with acetone in it? I spilt some acetone on my nails the other day and the nails it went on have all got little cracks on them now.

Xxx

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using SalonGeek
  (#19) Old
Uber geek

16-04-12, 10:53 PM

She said it was acetone free I double checked with her, but wick check again tomorrow!Xx

Ah no, it was cracked before I asked her to remove top coat!!
  (#20) Old
Very geeky

abicrunch is carrying over $6 in change
17-04-12, 09:16 AM

A lady came to me last week after having shellac on for 2 weeks. This was applied by another nail tech and not myself. There were cracks in quite a few of them. I thought it was maybe her nails where weak and she must have banged them causing the cracking. I have never had this happen to me on loads of nails like I saw, only maybe on 1 occassion on 1 nail when a client had banged it so this was understandable. When shellac cracks it normally cracks all the way through, although buffing and another topcoat will help it wont hold forever but just as a temporary measure its fine. X
  (#21) Old
Uber geek

17-04-12, 11:00 AM

Update - just had the client here I buffed the top coat slightly but the cracks were quite deep , so I removed and re-applied, the only thing that i did or used differently last time was the speedy top coat so I didn't this time!
I have applied speedy to my nail to see what happens! X
  (#22) Old
Master Geek

Dream Nails loves the smell of napalm in the morningDream Nails loves the smell of napalm in the morning
17-04-12, 01:04 PM

Can I just ask why you would put another top coat over shellac apart from the shellac one?

Vicki xx
  (#23) Old
Uber geek

17-04-12, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Nails View Post
Can I just ask why you would put another top coat over shellac apart from the shellac one?

Vicki xx
I had used a konad stamp on it! Xx
  (#24) Old
Master Geek

Dream Nails loves the smell of napalm in the morningDream Nails loves the smell of napalm in the morning
17-04-12, 02:29 PM

Quote:
I had used a konad stamp on it! Xx
I stamp onto the sticky layer of the second coat of colour then shellac top coat over all of it. I've used shellac to stamp as well as nail polish and it fine.
Here are the ones I posted a few weeks ago. I only took them off yesterday and they were still perfect apart from the regrowth. They were stamped with cream puff shellac
Vicki xxShellac cracking?-imageuploadedbysalongeek1334669388.312236.jpg
  (#25) Old
Uber geek

17-04-12, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Nails View Post
I stamp onto the sticky layer of the second coat of colour then shellac top coat over all of it. I've used shellac to stamp as well as nail polish and it fine.
Here are the ones I posted a few weeks ago. I only took them off yesterday and they were still perfect apart from the regrowth. They were stamped with cream puff shellac
Vicki xxAttachment 13952
That's what I did this morning, when I first started using konad it wouldn't work for me I was getting half the stamp etc, hence stamping on shellac top coat, it worked a treat this morning, maybe my technique has improved along with my speed -who knows lol! These look lovely by the way.! xx
  (#26) Old
Grand Geek

Lolly22 has a pencil up their nose and says Wibble!Lolly22 has a pencil up their nose and says Wibble!Lolly22 has a pencil up their nose and says Wibble!Lolly22 has a pencil up their nose and says Wibble!Lolly22 has a pencil up their nose and says Wibble!
17-04-12, 03:17 PM

I have trouble stamping into the sticky layer using normal polish aswell so I stamp onto the topcoat and topcoat again usually. Will keep trying as it would save having to do two topcoats.
  (#27) Old
Uber geek

17-04-12, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolly22 View Post
I have trouble stamping into the sticky layer using normal polish aswell so I stamp onto the topcoat and topcoat again usually. Will keep trying as it would save having to do two topcoats.
I was having exact same problem lolly have no idea why it worked so well today!! Keep trying! Xx
  (#28) Old
Grand Geek

Lolly22 has a pencil up their nose and says Wibble!Lolly22 has a pencil up their nose and says Wibble!Lolly22 has a pencil up their nose and says Wibble!Lolly22 has a pencil up their nose and says Wibble!Lolly22 has a pencil up their nose and says Wibble!
17-04-12, 03:37 PM

I will it's just safer doing it on topcoat in case you need to wipe it off and try again though isn't it
Bry T hearts this.
  (#29) Old
Uber geek

18-04-12, 09:00 PM

After applying a layer of speedy top coat over my thumb, looking closely today I can see hairline cracks starting to appear - problem solved it's my top coat!
An*Gel hearts this.
  (#30) Old
Grand Geek

An*Gel says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketAn*Gel says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketAn*Gel says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketAn*Gel says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketAn*Gel says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketAn*Gel says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketAn*Gel says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketAn*Gel says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketAn*Gel says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketAn*Gel says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocketAn*Gel says folks don't laugh so loud when you got a grand in your pocket
18-04-12, 09:10 PM

Quote:
After applying a layer of speedy top coat over my thumb, looking closely today I can see hairline cracks starting to appear - problem solved it's my top coat!
Thanks for the update.