Shellac cracking?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update - just had the client here I buffed the top coat slightly but the cracks were quite deep , so I removed and re-applied, the only thing that i did or used differently last time was the speedy top coat so I didn't this time!
I have applied speedy to my nail to see what happens! X

Can I just ask why you would put another top coat over shellac apart from the shellac one?
:)
Vicki xx

Can I just ask why you would put another top coat over shellac apart from the shellac one?
:)
Vicki xx
I had used a konad stamp on it! Xx

I had used a konad stamp on it! Xx

I stamp onto the sticky layer of the second coat of colour then shellac top coat over all of it. I've used shellac to stamp as well as nail polish and it fine.
Here are the ones I posted a few weeks ago. I only took them off yesterday and they were still perfect apart from the regrowth. They were stamped with cream puff shellac
Vicki xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334669388.312236.jpg

I stamp onto the sticky layer of the second coat of colour then shellac top coat over all of it. I've used shellac to stamp as well as nail polish and it fine.
Here are the ones I posted a few weeks ago. I only took them off yesterday and they were still perfect apart from the regrowth. They were stamped with cream puff shellac
Vicki xxView attachment 13952
That's what I did this morning, when I first started using konad it wouldn't work for me I was getting half the stamp etc, hence stamping on shellac top coat, it worked a treat this morning, maybe my technique has improved along with my speed -who knows lol! These look lovely by the way.! xx

I have trouble stamping into the sticky layer using normal polish aswell so I stamp onto the topcoat and topcoat again usually. Will keep trying as it would save having to do two topcoats.

I have trouble stamping into the sticky layer using normal polish aswell so I stamp onto the topcoat and topcoat again usually. Will keep trying as it would save having to do two topcoats.
I was having exact same problem lolly have no idea why it worked so well today!! Keep trying! Xx

I will :) it's just safer doing it on topcoat in case you need to wipe it off and try again though isn't it :)

After applying a layer of speedy top coat over my thumb, looking closely today I can see hairline cracks starting to appear - problem solved it's my top coat! :)

After applying a layer of speedy top coat over my thumb, looking closely today I can see hairline cracks starting to appear - problem solved it's my top coat! :)

Thanks for the update.

Hope you don't mind me hijacking I have a similar question and figured I'd add to the thread rather than starting a new one...
My shellac on my thumb has cracked really bad and I thought it was maybe caused by break down of the product due to contact with acetone several times, is it fine as a tech to add a uv top coat where you have to break the seal before removal I just think it may help my nails last longer??

Problem with uv seal over shellac, is the seal is very hard, where shellac is flexible. It'll still crack/chip.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back