Salon Geek

The Skin Geek Skin professionals discussing all aspects of the beauty industry.

LinkBack Thread Tools
  (#16) Old
Geeky

little-miss-owls head weighs 8lbs
16-04-12, 10:14 PM

Yep thanks ladies that sounds (worryingly) what I'm doing already. I am trying so hard not to have that gross bead of black glue, dabbing off the excess and waiting a while before putting it on. Also trying to coat the existing lash with a bit of it before putting it on, I have got so much better at this in only a week, but its so disheartening seeing them go out the door looking fab and secure, only to get a phonecall in the morning saying they have come out.

It wasn't until I saw those clumps thing morning and I just thought Oh god is that how much I'm supposed to be putting on??? And also they were MASSIVE heavy extensions that had been put on, like 14's 0.2's on tiny fluffy lashes, but the beggars were still clinging in for dear life, despite looking gross and tangly!
  (#17) Old
Bg1 Offline
Moderate geek

Bg1s head weighs 8lbs
16-04-12, 10:25 PM

Lol babe I'm sure your doing a fantastic job compare to those clumpy lashes!!! They should never look like that, I suggest u change ur glue babe I had that problem or shake it around ) xx
  (#18) Old
Geeky

16-04-12, 10:30 PM

I'm going to skip around the salon and shake shake shake it tomorrow. I really quite enjoy doing them now, I am determined to crack them!
  (#19) Old
Freaky geeky

Rubytues thinks there's somethin' strange afoot at the Circle KRubytues thinks there's somethin' strange afoot at the Circle K
16-04-12, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little-miss-owl View Post
I'm going to skip around the salon and shake shake shake it tomorrow. I really quite enjoy doing them now, I am determined to crack them!
Just to check, what are the natural lashes like, and what lashes are you using?
Also what is your preparation before?
X
  (#20) Old
Geeky

tigers-mummys head weighs 8lbs
16-04-12, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhona_ View Post
I know this isn't what you want to hear... But it's all practice! Just keep trying. You'll get better, and faster.

If you buy a pair of strip lashes you can stick them on to a curved surface and practice on them.
What a great tip! Thanks!
  (#21) Old
Geeky

17-04-12, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubytues View Post
Just to check, what are the natural lashes like, and what lashes are you using?
Also what is your preparation before?
X
Natural ones are quite fine and thin... they have all had massive ones (except one) put on before tho so want me to carry on what they've already got, monster lashes (thick 14's) imo. That lady yesterday, they were just mad

Prep is blue eye makeup remover, pre treatment stuff, brush to separate them and then off I go. Hmm have I forgotten something... this is making me wonder
  (#22) Old
Uber geek

elliebee shouts 'Adrien!!!'...elliebee shouts 'Adrien!!!'...elliebee shouts 'Adrien!!!'...elliebee shouts 'Adrien!!!'...elliebee shouts 'Adrien!!!'...elliebee shouts 'Adrien!!!'...elliebee shouts 'Adrien!!!'...
17-04-12, 11:47 AM

Just check you are thoroughly priming the lashes before application. This can make a huge difference to how well the lashes will last.

I use 2 microbrushes with primer and hold one above the lash and one underneath. Put them together and wipe down the lashes .

Hope this makes sense
  (#23) Old
Freaky geeky

Rubytues thinks there's somethin' strange afoot at the Circle KRubytues thinks there's somethin' strange afoot at the Circle K
17-04-12, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little-miss-owl View Post
Natural ones are quite fine and thin... they have all had massive ones (except one) put on before tho so want me to carry on what they've already got, monster lashes (thick 14's) imo. That lady yesterday, they were just mad

Prep is blue eye makeup remover, pre treatment stuff, brush to separate them and then off I go. Hmm have I forgotten something... this is making me wonder
It's probably the fact they're too heavy for her natural lash :-(