Spray tan complaint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meme1281712

Reaction score
Hi girls I did a spray tan last night using suntana the cherry 10% this girl was quite pale but went a really nice brown, she's tx me this morning saying she's just showered n it's faded loads.. I don't understand I gave her correct aftercare n surely wouldn't have been right to use the dark solution a really pale person? Anyway I told her I'll do free respray tonight but it's makin me think should I switch to another solution? Although I did my boyfriend one last week with the dark solution (as he's already tanned) and it looks great still xxx

could it be just the guide colour thats washed off, so the tan doesnt look as dark as she thought because of this ? i know a lot of people have had this problem x

Don't automatically think that it's something that you've done wrong, or the product has done wrong. The client may be in the wrong. Just because you've given them the correct pre/post advice doesn't mean to say they've listened to it.

Could she have used a moisturising shower gel / razor? An oily shower gel? Moisturised before?

Did you make her aware that because she's really pale she shouldn't expect a deep deep brown colour? Everyone tans differently, in the sun or from a bottle!

i find that with suntana the guide colour is much darker than final results!!

I use la tan and a couple of theirs do the same so i ALWAYS say to my client no matter how many time i have sprayed them - just tot let you kow that when you shower you will be lighter than the guide colour!
that way my client isnt thinking its not worked!!!
but i personally dont think its that much lighter anyway

Thanks for all the advice girls :) I just got really worried as iv done lots before when u worked at a salon but this was my first mobile client so it's knocked my confidence a bit making me think bout switching to Sienna, I tested theirs n really liked it but it does cost more, so I stuck with suntana as I do like how they smell yummy aswell. I'm goin to see tonight anyway hopefully she's over exaggerating and perhaps was just expecting to be as dark as it was when I first sprayed her last night xxx

I use suntanna - I am pale and don't tan easily- I used coconut tan yesterday and the guide colour is darker than the end result and that is normal for me. Tanned my colleague with same one and she has more olive tones tans easier so gets a darker finished result.

Thanks for all the advice girls :) I just got really worried as iv done lots before when u worked at a salon but this was my first mobile client so it's knocked my confidence a bit making me think bout switching to Sienna, I tested theirs n really liked it but it does cost more, so I stuck with suntana as I do like how they smell yummy aswell. I'm goin to see tonight anyway hopefully she's over exaggerating and perhaps was just expecting to be as dark as it was when I first sprayed her last night xxx

how did you get on?x

I believe its imperitive to advise clients that the outcome of the tan differs from person to person.

It all depends on the clients base skin colour and melanin. For example you could have 2 really pale people, spray them in the same solution % and guaranteed they will come out different colours.

I also tell my clients that by the time they are 'FULLY' developed; 24hrs, they will be all eyes and teeth if they dont shower in between, but as soon as they get washed the guide colour will run away down the plug hole....SOB :cry:

You must say it over and over to them during the treatment and then you can use our pre information as back up.

I use suntana and have had no problems at all.

Good luck
xx:hug:

Im really fair skinned , and was testing that cherry 10% out a few weeks ago i have to say one coat on my legs (which we were testing lol ) and i was realy dark for me.Probably down to her after care , i have had an issue with this before with a few clients but it was down to my gun not spray enough pressure.Hope you get things sorted! X

P.s sometime i find if clients mositurise themselves at home its a big no no for me because they could be applying a thick moisturiser/oily moisturiser which could be acting as a barrier to the tan. Always check if they have done there own moisturising. i read a couple of days ago that some exfoliaters can do the same thing so keep your eyes open for that.

I think that some clients over estimate the depth the colour will be when they get sprayed with a dark colour guide...i used to have the same problem with fake bake a few yrs ago so i changed...id get a lot of young girls with pale skin who would see themselves tranform to bronze beauties and then after shower 60% of the colour was gone-which infact left them with a good colour to suit their skin but in the few hrs it took to develop they got used to looking at a dark tan on their skin so then they felt like they didnt get a good colour after showering it off!

A few tans ive tried recently have a pretty light colour guide, enough u can see going on but not so much that you cant go out to the shops without your hood up after! got a new tan in a few wks ago and clients are loving it, if u want details let me know!

I believe its imperitive to advise clients that the outcome of the tan differs from person to person.

It all depends on the clients base skin colour and melanin. For example you could have 2 really pale people, spray them in the same solution % and guaranteed they will come out different colours.

I also tell my clients that by the time they are 'FULLY' developed; 24hrs, they will be all eyes and teeth if they dont shower in between, but as soon as they get washed the guide colour will run away down the plug hole....SOB :cry:

You must say it over and over to them during the treatment and then you can use our pre information as back up.

I use suntana and have had no problems at all.

Good luck
xx:hug:

Just wanted to advise that spray tans have nothing to do with melanin. There are a few tanning companies around advising that spray tans stimulate melanin to produce the tan. Melanin production to produce a tan is a sign of skin damage.

Hi girls I did a spray tan last night using suntana the cherry 10% this girl was quite pale but went a really nice brown, she's tx me this morning saying she's just showered n it's faded loads.. I don't understand I gave her correct aftercare n surely wouldn't have been right to use the dark solution a really pale person? Anyway I told her I'll do free respray tonight but it's makin me think should I switch to another solution? Although I did my boyfriend one last week with the dark solution (as he's already tanned) and it looks great still xxx

im guessing this is the first spray tan this customer has had and the initial colour guide has simply washed off exposing her natural skin with the DHA tanning not having fully taken as yet

It is imperative to bring this issue up with any new customers...particularly light skin types as they see the most difference with the initial colour guide than say an olive skinned individual

Also never offer a free replacement tan simply by taking the word of a text from someone...you should always ask them to come in so you can see them for yourself and then take things from there
All part of the learning process from working for someone or for working for yourself.

On the offset set yourself complaints procedures from the start..this will save you considerable time and money down line

Good luck :hug:

Just wanted to advise that spray tans have nothing to do with melanin. There are a few tanning companies around advising that spray tans stimulate melanin to produce the tan. Melanin production to produce a tan is a sign of skin damage.

Hi I think you and probably others have misunderstood me. As you probably know we all have varying levels of melanin in our skin, which determins are natural skin colour, so obviously the browner you are naturally the browner you fake tan will appear . I didn't mean that fake tan activiates or stimulates melanin production.
Hope I haven't confused anyone with my earlier statement.
Thanks
xx

Hi I think you and probably others have misunderstood me. As you probably know we all have varying levels of melanin in our skin, which determins are natural skin colour, so obviously the browner you are naturally the browner you fake tan will appear . I didn't mean that fake tan activiates or stimulates melanin production.
Hope I haven't confused anyone with my earlier statement.
Thanks
xx

Hi Locus :) Is all good. We have several companies here in Australia (which also sell tanning solution in the UK) claiming that spray tan activiate the melanin in skin to produce a tan. Wasn't that I took your comment the wrong way. Totally agree with you re. the browner you are to start, the browner you will be after your spray tan has cured. :hug:

Latest posts

Back